Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA antler restriction >

PA antler restriction

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA antler restriction

Old 08-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA antler restriction

They want to harvest everything now, all over the country, even the cut off tops left from logging, because pulp is such a hot commodity, because of the surge in flex fuel vehicles (E85). There are groups that want the lease rights to harvest the undergrowth and brush from the forests also. They are making machines right now that are like combines that go through the forest and munch up anything 12 feet or less in height.

Hemlock is low because of the fall of the housing industry.Deciduousis generally used for pulp, not coniferous. Too much pitch in coniferous. Coniferous is good for building houses mostly.
Hemlock is mostly used for floor joists, rafters, stringers and such.
You got your spf and then your hf grades for dimensional lumber. Depends on what you need for the part of the job you are working on. Some species lend well to certain areas of a building.
Another thing making hemlock less valued is the surge in engineered joists and rafters. No wonder hem is worthless right now.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: livbucks

I can wait, no problem here.
I'd rather have a chance to shootone4.5 year old deer every decade, thanten 1.5 year oldsper decade.
NOW, you are thinking like SPROULE!!

this is why i say,LET THE AR BE FOR ALL OF US,STOP THE JUNIOR EXEMPTION,let bucks mature.

Old 08-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I'd rather have a chance to shootone4.5 year old deer every decade, thanten 1.5 year oldsper decade.
If you want to increase your odds of shooting a 4.5 year old deer,shoot a big doe. But what you are really saying is you'd rather shoot a big racked buck once every 10 years than settle for a buck with a smaller rack.

In 2 G your chances of harvesting a 4.5 buck might be as much as once in 30 years and if your a rifle hunter you might easily go ten years without a chance to harvest any AR legal buck.

????? Huh??? I hunt in 2g in the Bennezette area and I have have had the chance to shoot a legal AR buck in 4 of the last 5 years during rifle season. I have had some nice 120-130 class bucks come to about 50-60 yards in bow season. Just curious, how does AR reduce your chances to harvest a 6 point or bigger????? It has only helped this very problem.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigEarl

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

If you want to increase your odds of shooting a 4.5 year old deer,shoot a big doe. But what you are really saying is you'd rather shoot a big racked buck once every 10 years than settle for a buck with a smaller rack.

In 2 G your chances of harvesting a 4.5 buck might be as much as once in 30 years and if your a rifle hunter you might easily go ten years without a chance to harvest any AR legal buck.

????? Huh??? I hunt in 2g in the Bennezette area and I have have had the chance to shoot a legal AR buck in 4 of the last 5 years during rifle season. I have had some nice 120-130 class bucks come to about 50-60 yards in bow season. Just curious, how does AR reduce your chances to harvest a 6 point or bigger????? It has only helped this very problem.

is that restaurant still open run by a guy name ben?
Old 08-28-2008, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are only a few plants available that are currently producing ethanol from wood and they use waste from saw mills as feed stock. A new plant being built in Mi. won't be on-line until 2011. Currently there is very little demand for wood chips produced by whole tree chippers.

Getting back to ARs , are you aware 2 out of 3 working groups in Arkansas voted to repeal ARs in 2007?

http://www.agfc.com/!userfiles/pdfs/deer/DeerPlanJune2007AGFCStaff_Workshops_Report.pdf
Summary by Region:
A grand total of 94 AGFC staff participated in all 3 regional workshops. The following summary
groups comments into Very, Very Important Items and Very Important Items but the items listed
within those groupings are not ranked by priority.

Region 1 Ozarks, Arkansas River Valley, Ouachita Mountains (Ozark, Mount Ida, Batesville,
Little Rock) = 30 total participants for region 1
Very, very important items:
1. Regulations:
a. Eliminate 3-point rule (all antler point restrictions)
Old 08-28-2008, 05:04 AM
Spike

The one on winslow hill is still open if that's the one your talking about. Of course there is the hotel and the store there that have the restaurant's too.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

here is a picture of a 1.5 year old buck. What do you think he would grow to look like BB.

Old 08-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

You see I wouldn't pop him. I aint BB but I owuld not shoot that little buck. I have passed on those size bucks and let em' grow some.Just one more chance to see some large racks evenrually. I do not think the 8 guys in my camp and some under 16 would pop that buck either. We are preaching rack hunting and growth and food plots, winter feeding. But I only control my 90 acres.I know the Amish have around 800 some acres next door and I garuantee it would be dead right now. That buck would be on the hay wagon they pull across the valley loading the deer on at the end of the day! I would say that buck has potential??
Old 08-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say he would be a good buck at 2.5 and a real trophy at 4.5.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

We finally have some common ground after all Buck!

Quick Reply: PA antler restriction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.