Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shotgun MD

Old 12-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shotgun MD

Went to Meade yesterday morning, saw 7 deer, two of which were 4 pointers, 3 does, and two tails. I had to adjust where I set up due to not seeingbut a glimpse of one deer a long way offon opening morning. I've been there 4 times, first time I saw 8, second time 1, third 1, then 7.

Maybe I'm getting old now, but I have yet to break down and shoot a doe as I always have in the past when I didn't see a decent buck. This will likely be the first year in about 15 where I didn't get one, but I have truly enjoyed it as well or more thanany of the others.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Rickmur

But the problem with that G2 is the tresspasser will think all's good and will sit there another day
Rick,

I have had two encounters with other hunters in my life and both times we both had weapons in our hands. Both times myself, and the other hunter have been hot. Both times I realized that it could end in a bad way and calmed myself and the other guy down so that we could walk away. This time I thought before I reacted and decided the safe way was not to confront the guy at 6am. When I looked over at 7:30, he was gone. He must have known he got caught and left after I walked the other way. If it was during the daytime, I would call my friend over and we would both approach the guy from different angles to talk to him.

I don't care how people try to justify it, confronting someone over stuff like this isn't worth dying over. I have had a gun in my face. I have been shot at. I have been stabbed. People may talk like Barney Badass but until it happens to you, you have no idea what it feels like. (That wasn't meant as negative towards your comment. Just a fact.) It pissed me off that he was in our stand. It just wasn't the right time to confront him about it.

Peace
Old 12-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

On second though, I will be out with my bow in hand tomorrow. The ML can wait until the 16th.
Old 12-09-2006, 03:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

G2, not taken negatively and I agree, it's not worth dieing over or getting injured over either. You know better than anyonehow you will react when confronting or approching a tresspasser.You want to educate him, not confront him.It can be done in a professional manner to minimize the possability of a confrontation or a simple cell phone call to DNR could take it all together out of your hands. Have yourweapon slung over your shoilder upside downwhen approching himand speak politely. At the first sign of aggressionbe it in his voice orother signsdepart the area. But he has to know he has infringed. If you know where he parked a note might better serve that point as well. Be sure to copy his tag # too.