Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 vermont trophys here >

vermont trophys here

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

vermont trophys here

Old 11-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default vermont trophys here

hey guys to all the vermonters if you got one or get one buck or does place it here and tell the story and were you got it. i like to here about other vemronters having sucess helps me get up in the morning and keep on going lol
Old 11-20-2006, 08:47 AM

Default RE: vermont trophys here..........pictures added

Headed out to my "spot" first thing saturday morning. Set out a couple scent wicks and found a nice blow down to sit against. The woods have dried out enough to make stalking conditions horrible. Just walking down my trail I was sounding like a freakin moose!

Just over an hour later I caught some movement to the side of me. About 60yds out a 4ptr made his way across the ridge up wind of my scent. I watched him for a bit contemplating taking him or not. I knew there was a 7ptr in the area, so I decided to let him pass......also my first morning in the woods. It's a short enough season!!

Next morning I headed to the same spot......went through the motions and hunkered down. About 9 o'clock i was tightening up and started to stretch....a doe was approaching from the side and caught my profile. She started trotting away from me and stopped. I looked around to see if she was alone......and decided to have a lil fun with her. Started to work a beat and tending grunt with her. She was lookin all around.....big satalite ears spinning all directions. About 10 minutes later start planning my approach accross the ridge. As I'm about to get up i glimps movement to my side again. I look up and see a nice rack following her same path.

He was quartering away at too great an angle for a good shot, and I wasn't about to attempt the behind the head shot . When he entered a clear lane I gave a good loud bleat with my mouth.....enough to get him to step and look back. My husquavarna piled him up against the tree as I jumped off the ground doing the deer dance .

Great drag.....about a mile in, all down hill . My wife hit a spikehorn with my car the night before.......so instead of putting him on the hatchback (such a great site!!) he went in back of the family van....haha. Guess I'll be gettin my wife a new air freshener!

My digital camera chit the bed so had to pull out the disposable. Will post those as soon as they get in.

.......145lbs 8ptr 14" spread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: vermont trophys here

Nothing on the meat pole yet. Have seen some deer though. Had a great encounter with a huge bull moose last Saturday. I've seen a few to know this one was unbelievable. Estimate he would go around 850-900 pounds dressed with at least a 60" spread. Wish I had a tag, he was only about 30 yards from me. Good luck and keep at 'em.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:40 AM

Great story Wry,

Can't wait to see the pics. Hope you guys had a great turkey day!
Old 11-24-2006, 07:08 AM

Ive been hearing about alot of good deer here in Vermont, Havent seen many deer though just alotta sign. good luck to all you Vermonters.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

well guys i have seen plenty of ddeer just no bucks or just spike horns. i think the count is up to 32 now thats just rifle not including bow just 2 more days hopefully i can pull somtihng off i dont no though going to be tuff
Old 11-25-2006, 08:10 AM

I live and hunt NH. I live in SW but have a camp in Pittsburg. I travel I-91 almost every weekend. This year I have seen more deer in VT then years past. A bunch have been racked bucks. I think the new3 PT will help and I wish NH would do the same. Good luck.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM

Is anyone else as excited about this fresh snow, or am I the only one shopping on line for a chest freezerand a muzzleloader(instead of my wife's birthday present)?

For all you vermont'ers hitting this final week.........good luck and have fun!!
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 AM
jf5

Good luck guys. I hope to hunt up there someday..
Old 12-06-2006, 04:25 AM

I shot this one in Northern VT. Only a six pointer but he went 208 pounds completely dressed. The two mile drag was brutal.

Quick Reply: vermont trophys here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.