Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Best Shotgun >

Best Shotgun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best Shotgun

Old 03-09-2006, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Best Shotgun

O.K. Lets hear it What do you think the best shotgun out there is and Why. My pesonal opinon is the Browning Auto-5 I have 3 of them one was my Grandfathers, another was my fathers and one I bought years ago. I have shot deer with all three and they are all in perfect condition even the one thats nearly 100 years old. And I would use any of these on the most exspensive deer hunt in the country and know they would perform without a hitch. What do you have. Mike
Old 03-09-2006, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best Shotgun

H&R 20g is by far the sweetest,most accurate,long range slug slinger I've ever shot or owned.IMO you just can't beat it for the money.Great trigger!

Its becoming a very popular gun around here for its long range accuracy not to mention many guys swear by the 20g vs 12.The SST is supposed to be coming out in a 20g slug this year.I'm looking forward to field testing that slug.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

Benelli Super Black Eagle II with comfortech. Light weight and shoots 2 3/4" light target loads up to 3 1/2" goose or turkey loads without a problem or even adjustment. Put a slug barrel on and it will shoot a 1 1/2" group at 100 yards. The SBE II is a great gun and I would not give it up for anything.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:59 PM

The Browning gold hunter is the best hunting shotgun on the market today. It feels good in your hands, It shoots good, And it has never let me down when it was crunch time. In my personal opinion there is nothing better than my browning gold hunter.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:32 PM

As far as pumps are concerned, its hard to beat the winchester model 12, browning bps, and the Ithaca model 37.

Its thea5 all the way when it comes to semi autos. In my opinion
Old 03-09-2006, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Mike Hill

O.K. Lets hear it What do you think the best shotgun out there is and Why. My pesonal opinon is the Browning Auto-5 I have 3 of them one was my Grandfathers, another was my fathers and one I bought years ago. I have shot deer with all three and they are all in perfect condition even the one thats nearly 100 years old. And I would use any of these on the most exspensive deer hunt in the country and know they would perform without a hitch. What do you have. Mike
I agree. Browning A-5 12ga is the best there is. Even though they don't make' em any more. I have one I bought years ago and I've put thousands of shell through it shooting clay all day and hundreds of slugs too. It have never jammed on me before. The only down side is that it's a little heavy when you have five slugs in it but I've heard that heavier guns are more accurate and it's softer on recoils. Mine shoot's slugs at 1" groups at 50yrds and 1 1/2" at 100yrds and it's a smooth bore. I've never missed a deer yet, ever since I own the browning A-5 12ga.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guess I would say the Mossberg 835 hasnt let me down yet! [8D]
Old 03-11-2006, 10:40 PM

I like the Remington 870 myself
Old 03-12-2006, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

The "best" shotgun is the one that fits you an shoots where you point it. With that being said, my personal preference is a Benelli M1 Super 90.

I also have owned a number of pump guns, and the "best" one in my hands was a BPS Stalker.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:00 AM

Probably the Browning Cynergy. But I don't have even close to enough spare cash to buy one, and my Winchester 1300 works great.

Quick Reply: Best Shotgun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.