Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shotgun MD

Old 11-19-2006, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shotgun MD

Deerwhisperer I went to google maps cause I wanted to see what part of the woods Penn Shop road would dump you off in. It looks like Penn Shop dumps you off at Long Corner Road. I've been over to Long Corner I think once and saw deer. But never got around to going over there scouting. Or do you actually park on Penn Shop road? If so I'll have to venture over there sometime.
Old 11-19-2006, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Saxman1819

Deerwhisperer I went to google maps cause I wanted to see what part of the woods Penn Shop road would dump you off in. It looks like Penn Shop dumps you off at Long Corner Road. I've been over to Long Corner I think once and saw deer. But never got around to going over there scouting. Or do you actually park on Penn Shop road? If so I'll have to venture over there sometime.
I do not know the name of the road excactly. But my friend who introduced me to this place says if i keep walking straight through the woods it will come out at browns church road.
Now i have walked in there quite along ways, further than i care to normally, but i did not reach the other side. But i have seen others in there that did not park where i did and i justassumed they came in from browns church area.
I will look at the roads more closely saturday and post back the name.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

Well if you and your buddy have a desire to do a drive sometime in that area, let me know and I'll get my two friends and we'll have more guys moving. The three of us tried a drive during muzzleloader and we learned that we need to have a guy posted out in front to intercept the deer running straight away. The more the merrier I guess. Let me know.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:04 PM

DW,

Is that public land? My sister lives in Ijamsville and I travel Penn shop and Browns Church all of the time. I have no idea where this land is if it is public.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

It is public land. Just go to the end of browns church where it dead ends and you'll see Corn fields on both sides of the road and that is where you park. Also look for the rotting deer carcasses from the poachers and slobs that just dump them there.[:@]
Old 11-20-2006, 12:33 PM

Like some of the other guys I am primarily a bow hunter. I get less and less excited about shotgun season every year. This year however I just purchased a scope for my .44 mag and I plan on taking that out for gun season. I am actually getting pretty excited about Saturday and I really look forward to taking a deer with the hand cannon.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:34 PM

I'm sorry. I meant Bethesda Church Road. Anyway, I found Brown Church Road on the map. Do you need a permit to hunt the Park? Can you use a shotgun/muzzleloader? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

No permit other than your license is needed to hunt there. And you can use shotgun/muzzleloader.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

DW,

Is that public land? My sister lives in Ijamsville and I travel Penn shop and Browns Church all of the time. I have no idea where this land is if it is public.
Well if you know where penn shop road is and your coming from 70, you will turn left onto penn shop. When you get to the circle bare to the right then you will come to a Y, bare to the right again. Then follow the road till you come to a river, or stream which ever you want to call it and park. On weekends you will see allkinds of cars parked. On weekdays there is hardly anyone there. This side of the creek is howard county and the other side is Montgomery county. You can hunt either side of the creek and either side of the road. To get to browns church road do not turn left on penn shop but keep going straight and you will see it on the left.
I will be pretty busy the 1st week of hunting, but maybe Me, you and saxman could meet up on browns church 1 day during the week onthe 2nd week. hunt browns church in the morning and check out the otherside in the afternoon. Whoever does not get a deer, buys the beer.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:00 PM

How far is the area you guys are talking about from Frederick? I have Monday and Tues off but have no one to hunt with. If you guys arn't that far away maybe I could swing down and join ya.

Quick Reply: Shotgun MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.