Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Shotgun MD

Old 11-20-2006, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Shotgun MD

I agree. All this talk about the Public Land down there, I was starting to think that I might as well brave the ride and meet some MD people from HNI. Even though I REALLY want to stick with the bow this Saturday, I think that it will be good to get the ML back out again for the opener. It kicks a lot less than my 3" sabot shooting 12 ga. fully-rifled barrel Remington... but that will see some action next week.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:23 AM

ORIGINAL: HammytheHunter

It kicks a lot less than my 3" sabot shooting 12 ga. fully-rifled barrel Remington
I hear ya Hammy. The slug barrel for my Encore likes the Winchester Supreme Partition Golds. They're $3 a shot and even the 2-3/4 slugs kick like a mule! But, they do give me 2" groups at 100 yards.

I really want to stick with my bow to get a deer for the contest but I am leaning towards taking out my ML for Saturday. I'm game for meeting up next Friday if you guys are.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Happy Thanksgiving Guys!!!!!

1 more day away.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:03 AM

< 24 Hrs
Old 11-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Fork Horn

Here it is 1045P at night and I am about to go to sleep, but still debating whether to take the ML or the bow opening day. Decisions, decisions.
Old 11-25-2006, 02:25 AM

HAH! It's 4:20 and I have both in my truck!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

Wow. Two and a half days left in the firearms season and not much activity going on in Maryland? I've been working a lot so I haven't had time during the week to get out, but nothing at all? Not even good bow takedowns during the season of the orange army? I might head out with the bow tomorrow morning, even with the full moon, and will def. be out with the ML Saturday from about 10A until dark.

I'm still amazed at the lack of posts though. That just means more deer for the rest of the bow only season (minus the ML and 2 day SG).
Old 12-07-2006, 02:00 PM

I have to say I am totally disgusted with my results this year. Either I was always in the wrong spot or I had other hunters screwing up my hunts. I hunt a friend's property and we even had someone in one of our ladder stands on opening day! I wanted to go over and give him **** but I kept thinking about that Vietnamese guy in Wisconsin. He was gone by 7:30am but it just amazes me what people do these days. [:@]

I have put away all of my stuff due to selling my house. I will be looking forward to next year.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: G2 Shooter

I have to say I am totally disgusted with my results this year. Either I was always in the wrong spot or I had other hunters screwing up my hunts. I hunt a friend's property and we even had someone in one of our ladder stands on opening day! I wanted to go over and give him **** but I kept thinking about that Vietnamese guy in Wisconsin. He was gone by 7:30am but it just amazes me what people do these days. [:@]

I have put away all of my stuff due to selling my house. I will be looking forward to next year.
But the problem with that G2 is the tresspasser will think all's good and will sit there another day
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'm giving it a go tomorrow, wind or no wind. With the 3/4 moon, I am not getting on stand at O'dark thirty, but plan to be up and settled in by 11 at the latest. Hoping I can take something with the ML as I have been held scoreless all season (too much work and no play).

Anyone else going (gun or bow)? Good luck. I'm feeling lucky!

Quick Reply: Shotgun MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.