Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 08-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

20 days? 7 for bear.

i'm so ready it's not even funny.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

ORIGINAL: FF/EMT

I live in Grand Meadow in Se Mn, about 20 miles south of Rochester. Work at St. Marys hosptial in Rochester as a Vascular Access Tech.
Hey Tom, hows it going? you getting ready to chase sme Whitetails?
Heck ya, Just picked up my new bow yesterday. I've been seeing a couple good ones while out glassing but nothing good on the camera yet. I'm a little frustrated with the way the made us a lottery are this year, its weird how We can only shoot one deer here regardless, and i can drive 3 - 4 miles cross 63 and shoot up to 5. I'm thinking allot of people are going to be taking out all the little bucks this year with the shotguns, just because the does will be off limit to most.

How have you been?You all ready?
Old 08-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

I live in Grand Meadow in Se Mn, about 20 miles south of Rochester. Work at St. Marys hosptial in Rochester as a Vascular Access Tech.
Yep, I am ready, I am going out today to hang my last 2 stands, and just look around a little. I have not been out to my spot all summer, decided to just let it rest this year. Last couple of years, I went out there just about every weekend to check cameras, and I havnt seen many deer thee last 2 years, so decided to give it a break, and go in blind this year. So what did you get for a new bow?? I have a new one this year too. I bought a brand new still in the box 2005 Hoyt Vtec from Chad at work. Just went to Magnum last week and got it all set up. Boy, what a change from my old PSE!!

Hey Tom, hows it going? you getting ready to chase sme Whitetails?
Heck ya, Just picked up my new bow yesterday. I've been seeing a couple good ones while out glassing but nothing good on the camera yet. I'm a little frustrated with the way the made us a lottery are this year, its weird how We can only shoot one deer here regardless, and i can drive 3 - 4 miles cross 63 and shoot up to 5. I'm thinking allot of people are going to be taking out all the little bucks this year with the shotguns, just because the does will be off limit to most.

How have you been?You all ready?
Old 08-26-2008, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

[quote]ORIGINAL: FF/EMT

[quote]ORIGINAL: BigDaddy12t

Yep, I am ready, I am going out today to hang my last 2 stands, and just look around a little. I have not been out to my spot all summer, decided to just let it rest this year. Last couple of years, I went out there just about every weekend to check cameras, and I havnt seen many deer thee last 2 years, so decided to give it a break, and go in blind this year. So what did you get for a new bow?? I have a new one this year too. I bought a brand new still in the box 2005 Hoyt Vtec from Chad at work. Just went to Magnum last week and got it all set up. Boy, what a change from my old PSE!!

Ya its amazing the difference in the newer bows,you should be pretty happy with the V tech my brother in has one and really likes it. I traded off my Hoyt Vectrix and bought the new PSE Dream Season X Force. I wish I would have shot this bow last year and I would have never bought the Vectrix. All set up for hunting i am shooting 315 fps. When I shot it at magnum I was shooting a lighter arrow (which i could get by with for hunting, but i had more of the heavier ones around) Iwas shooting 325fps. This thing is nuts, I cant wait to get to try it out on a live target.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

20 days? 7 for bear.

i'm so ready it's not even funny.
You got It Rackluster!! Bear season Is just around the corner (5 days and counting)!! I can't wait.

Good luck to you!!
Old 09-01-2008, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

Just a heads up to anyone interested. The annual warehouse sale is this coming Thursday, Friday and Saturday at Robinson Outdoors in Cannon Falls.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bear Hunting opener today

Good luck boys!

Old 09-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Fork Horn

I live in Maple Grove and I have hunted deer in this state for about 20 years. I am a rifle hunter(just took up muzzloading) I hunt up near Hinckley and in North Branch. There is nothing I would rather be doing than deer huntingLast year my father and myself had a great year, we shot 4 deer (gave 1 away to another hunter in our groupwho failed to site his new (used ) rifle in. Hope everone has a good hunt this Nov.
Doug
Old 09-03-2008, 01:30 PM
Spike

I'm new to Mn and am looking for land to hunt deer on this season, does anyone have any good resources for public land in Mn (within a couple of hours from the metro?) The more I ask about this, the more I seem to find out that finding good public land to hunt in MN is not that easy. Thanks,

Matt
Old 09-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: thehart_cwc

I'm new to Mn and am looking for land to hunt deer on this season, does anyone have any good resources for public land in Mn (within a couple of hours from the metro?) The more I ask about this, the more I seem to find out that finding good public land to hunt in MN is not that easy. Thanks,

Matt
actually, i think it's very easy to find public land to hunt in minnesota. especially if you bow hunt! The sherburne county wildlife refuge is great. there are lots of mature bucks running around in there. you just have to find them. last year there were 4 nice bucks shot within 1/4 mile of where my stand is! One walked right under my stand about 15 minutes before legal shooting. I watched another hunter shoot it. That was slug hunting though. if you bow hunt, especially during the week, the place is pretty much yours. I love hunting public land on Thursdays because the woods have settled down from the weekend activity and there are very few people hunting. sand dunes state forest borders the refuge. so, combined there's a lot of acreage!

There's also mille lacs wma. that thing is huge!

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.