Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Minnesota hunters >

Minnesota hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Minnesota hunters

Old 07-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Minnesota hunters

Thats a bummer!!

I've often thought about the Camp Ripley hunt. Lots of P&Y bucks in the area but lots of people like you said.

Good luck in finding some new land.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have given you my number, just a call away.

ORIGINAL: Tribal

Well I had a great honey hole not far from me. A ton of private land that is bordered by another ton of private land. The catch was it was only hunted by archery. We all stuck to mature buck only and it worked well as you could see.Due to unfortunate circumstances I no longer have access to it. This will be the first time in 8 years I am back to looking for a spot to hunt. I have gone back to applying for the metro parks hunts. And even kicking the idea around of going into Ripley again with all those 3000 maniacs. Just so I can at least have a little better chance of running into a mature buck. I admit I was spoiled and with hard work I could usually count on at least seeing a "mature" buck as long as I put alot of time in. I hunted usually 4-5 days a week. Now it will be tough to not even really have a place to stick a couple of does. Hopefully I will be set up again next year on some decent land somewhere by next year.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

tribal - i can relate.I still have access to my old honey hole, but it's changed. no more corn/beans in the area and the deer have vacated. now it's just houses and empty lots. I used to see mature bucks quite often and i used to get tons of pics of mature bucks. Now, i've only seen2 mature bucks in the last 4 years (both at ripley!) and haven't gotten a pic of a mature buck in about 5 years on that property!!! That is why I will continue to apply for ripley. it's THE highlight to my deer season, every year. yes, the negatives are well known, but it's a blast.[/align]
Old 07-24-2008, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks guys for the info on hunting Minn. Very glad to get any advice for this Ohio guy. If any of you are thinking of heading east give me a shout if I can help yah out. Here is one that was hit by a vehicle last year in my area.

Old 07-24-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ummm yeah that would do. What great mass, I love the gnarly ones. Im guessing upper 170's?
Old 07-25-2008, 11:58 PM

i live in eden valley about 20 miles north of litchfield. i hunt in kingston right off hwy 15. i work for a small concrete company in dassel. schultzy if you haven't checked out the archery shop in litchfield yet it's a nice place. the only down fall is they don't have much for traditional gear but in my experience they can get what ever you need. i know some of tthe guys that go there do shoot traditional bows and the owner shoots a long bow some.
Old 07-27-2008, 03:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

i live in eden valley about 20 miles north of litchfield. i hunt in kingston right off hwy 15. i work for a small concrete company in dassel. schultzy if you haven't checked out the archery shop in litchfield yet it's a nice place. the only down fall is they don't have much for traditional gear but in my experience they can get what ever you need. i know some of tthe guys that go there do shoot traditional bows and the owner shoots a long bow some.
I plan on making a visit there this fall. Hopefully they can get some of the stuff I'll need. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Fork Horn

Minn Hunter here from Northern Mn i live about 3.5 hours north of the twin cities. Ive only archery hunted the last 2 yrs
but i have rifle hunted many of yrs No trophys yet. If anyone needs any info on hunting land hotels etc. just let me know
Gary
Old 07-28-2008, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Minn Hunter here from Northern Mn i live about 3.5 hours north of the twin cities. Ive only archery hunted the last 2 yrs
but i have rifle hunted many of yrs No trophys yet. If anyone needs any info on hunting land hotels etc. just let me know
Gary
Where abouts you live up there?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Good Ol Iron Range i grew up in virginia but now i live in Buhl mid way between virginia and hibbing. Seen some ol freak nastys back here behind the mine pits..

Quick Reply: Minnesota hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.