Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

Kevin, I agree, the farmers where I hunt just cut the corn last week and one farm still has over half to cut. I did see about 15 deer this weekend in your enck of the woods. I jumped a buck up out of a briar patch,they are just so hard to hit while running. I will be buying a slug barrel for my shotgun next year and use my ML for late season only. I have seen plenty of deer this year but in the past two years that I have deer hunted I have not seen a magical rut like people tell me about. I really think that Indiana needs to include antlerless tags with every license, not just bow. The buck to doe ratio seems to be out of wack from what I have seen. I know there are alot of bucks that I haven't seen, being that they are nocturnal, but I bet 90 percent of the deer I have seen are does. I have killed two does and there where 3 more killed where I hunt in Ramsey. I have hunted hard and put in alot of time in the woods and witnessed/experienced some wierd and neat things.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen a LOT more small bucks this year than anything, including does. Hunting has been slow-ish, but just haven't seen the size of deer I would like. I've seen a few big does, shot one last weekend. Nothing worth my time during bow season, except 400 yards acrossed a field.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seen quite a few deer this year so far to be honest. I saw a lot of small bucks like i do every year, and saw 2 nice bucks. The one i shot was a very respectable buck for the area i hunt. Maybe some day i'll stumble across some land that hold some real giants. I was at a seminar last year listening to Roger Raglin. He had a statement that you should spend 90 percent of your time looking for land to hunt, and 10 percent actually hunting it. I should probably try that for next year.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen more big bucks this year than any previous year, but I also switched hunting spots.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

I just figured up my number as of Dec 3. 215 hours hunted 251 deer seen in 64 days of hunting. Deer numbers are down my hours are up thanks to DST. The good news is I still have 35 days left to hunt I get two weeks off for Christmas from school. Last year I hunted the Refuge every day and saw 120 deer.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I just saw a guy finally combining his corn on my way home from work yesterday night . I'll bet that he isn't the only one near me doing that either , no wonder I haven't been seeing any deer . [:@]
Old 12-08-2006, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke pole starts tomorrow. This moron put a new scope on his Knight, thus has to brave to freezing cold this afternoon sighting it in. [>:]
Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

sorry patused my black diamond for gun some so all i have to do in the morning is load iti shot7 times last sunday night at home because i had some stuff going on at 4:30 soi just shot the muzzy some im ready this past week has killed me Good Luck everybody wish we had more snow but we have untill the 24th so its got to snow the last day
Old 12-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I braved the wind, and got her shooting like a champ. I'm really confident in this weekend, can't wait!
Old 12-09-2006, 03:38 PM

good luck to all ,i cant get back out till next week but the encore 50 cal is ready! i use it all gun season

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.