Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Indiana Hunters >

Indiana Hunters

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Indiana Hunters

Old 12-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana Hunters

ORIGINAL: StealthHtr22

I had the BEST bowhunting season probably ever....that followed with the WORST firearms season ever...no we're to muzzleloader, hope it gets better, the deer seem to be moving better than in firearms.

Oh yea, I know they got stomped last night, but GO COWBOYS! Sorry, I know I live in IN, but I grew up a Boys fan!Long live King EMMITT!
right on, cowboys all the way!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't understand why people like sports teams that they aren't even close to. I've always cheered for local teams..just how I roll.

One thing that cracks me up, is all the OSU football fans I work with...yet none of them care about other OSU sports. Very few even know their basketball team is ranked. If OSU football sucked, I doubt they would still cheer them on. Bandwagon fans irk me.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

Or what about the people who like ND football. Duke basketball etc. They are fans of however is the best. THere are ladies at school that always wear red when IU plays and they grad. from there. To me a true fan knows the players coaches etc. who they are not personally. I ask them who the coaches are or players other than the top 6 or 7. They dont know.
Old 12-13-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guy I work with, loves the following teams/players. Tell me he's NOT a bandwagon...lol...

*Shaq/Heat (previously Shaq/Kobe/Lakers)
*Braves/Redsox
*Dallas Crackboys (and now sporting SD Charger clothes..LOL!)
*Jeff Gordon
*OSU football (and has an old Florida St. jacket...LOL!)
*Duke/Florida St. basketball

The guy is so annoying to talk sports with. I can mention Reggie Miller and he'll reply he's always loved him and the Pacers...back when he was a big Bulls fan. Psssssh.....
Old 12-15-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shot a deformed (oneside was more massive/more points than the other...5 vs. 3)8pt this afternoon...was right under me. The shot didn't even go thru him (150gr 777, 245gr PowerBelt)..perfect shot. Very little blood..but only went about 75 yards.

Funny thing about it, there was an arrow sticking out of the ground next to where he expired (which was a boardering woods). I started looking around for someone in a treestand....only to find out later it was a friend of mine's arrow that he used to shoot at a rabbit a month ago...lol.

I'll try to upload some pics tomorrow...gotta get to bed.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Pat. Im going out tomorrow looking for a doe. I have not been able to hunt at all this week so far. It's been about 2 and a half weeks since i have been in the woods.
Old 12-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out tonight and the idiot that owns the neighboring property decides to take a walk through his woods at 5pm with his barking beagle dog. They scared out 7 nice does that ended up hauling butt clear across the road. After that my hunt was pretty much over. This guy is a real character, seems like he only wants to take his walks through the woods real early in the morning and late in the evening, right at prime time. Never wears any orange either. Think from now on im just going to stick to the property where i shot my buck. It's a longer drive but at least i dont have to deal with anyone screwing up my hunt.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:20 PM

I live in Southren Dearborn County And the deer in my woods are just layig down I guess this heat wave has them out of wack !
Old 12-18-2006, 05:36 AM
Typical Buck

Boys it is slow in Switzerland/Jefferson Co. I had a couple of goals before season hunt everyday of the season. Got that. Get 500 hours in my stand. I will have that and then some. See 400 deer. I am around 290 now. Dont know if I will make that one.
Old 12-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

Or what about the people who like ND football. Duke basketball etc. They are fans of however is the best. THere are ladies at school that always wear red when IU plays and they grad. from there. To me a true fan knows the players coaches etc. who they are not personally. I ask them who the coaches are or players other than the top 6 or 7. They dont know.
Haha, know how that is. I'm a Cowboys and Michigan Wolverines fan. Michigan Football/Basketball! And any other sport, always supporting the Maize in Blue....It's going to be a great Rose Bowl!!!!!! OSU got lucky the 1st meeting, wish there was a rematch...but I guess Florida deserves a shot too...

Quick Reply: Indiana Hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.