Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Summit Customer Service

Old 09-19-2006, 11:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Summit Customer Service

A fewyears ago, I purchased a Summit climber, and believe me when I say thatI've gotten my mileage out of it. I've always been very pleased with its performance and I would recommend a Summit to anyone.

However, over the offseason, I was inspecting my stand and noticed that the shrink tubing covering the cables had become scuffed and torn open due to excessive use and wear. Obviously, some torn rubber is not a problem, but I noted some rust in the cable itself, particularly in and around the "knuckles" in the cable.

So, I checked the warranty and realized that the stand was still under warranty (5 years).

I went to the Summit site and wrote them a detailed message about the rust in the cables, noting that I was concerned that the rust in the metal could adversely affectthe structural integrity of the cable, potentially resulting in a failure, or at worst, a fall. I provided my contact information, complete with name and address and offered to send digital photographs of the cables in question. I also pointed out that our archery season begins soon, so I had hoped to have the situation resolved promptly.

A week went by, and I heard nothing. I remember thinking to myself "oh well, it looks like you'll just have to bite the bullet and buy a new set of cables."

Well, about 8-10 days after sending that email, a package arrived at my door with two brand new cables and a note inside.

I thought the least I could do would be to personally commend the staff at Summit for their prompt and exemplary customer service. They went the extra mile and made sure that I was taken care of in a timely and professional manner.

Like a lot of you guys, customer service means a lot to me, and I truly appreciate not getting the run-around with bow season around the corner. I can personally attest to the quality, not only of Summit treestands, but to the quality of their warranty service.

In all honesty, those cables were more-than-likelyrusty due to my own overuse and failure to reapply new shrink tubing every year, not a defect in workmanship. They could have easily not responded, or just sent me a form email back indicating that they are not liable for the replacement parts. Instead, they did something that they didn't really have to do, and helped me out. That means a lot.
Old 09-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Summit Customer Service

I couldn't agree with you more in regards to their customer service. I have a Summit Viper that is about 4 yrs. old now. I had a weld pop the second season on the upper section. I called them directly versus sending an email. They were very sincere and asked alot ofquestions to ensure that I did not get injured in any way.I told them that I was hunting the next weekend andwould be without a climber as my hang-ons stands were on my lease that I hunt up north and I was hunting on some land closer to my house. I spoke to them on Monday morning when I got to work. There was a stand on my front porch when I got home from work on Wednesday. There was a pre-paid shipping label included in the box so I could send the damaged piece back.

There are times that I have thought about buying a Lone Wolf, Loggy Bayou, or some other brand but I think back to how they took care of the issue quickly and was concerned about my well being by asking the right questions. I appreciate great customer service and will continue to be a Summit customer until I experience otherwise.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the stories guys im on year 3 of my viper and love it thinking about getting another one so i can have two
Old 09-21-2006, 06:26 AM

summits all the way
Old 09-22-2006, 07:14 AM

I triple that motion. I had a Shooter II from the late 90s and the seat rotted out.I called to order a replacement and the customer service told me that they don't make that seat anymore but they would be glad to send me a replacement that would fit for free if I paid the S&H. For Free! I'm a customer for life and I'veconveted several of my buddies over as well.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Always good to hear that a company has the customers best in mind. It's also a lesson for manufactures. A good word goes a long way.Way to go Summit!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:08 PM

When I decided to purchase my Viper a few years ago, they were sold out. I called down to corporate, John in Decatur AL., made sure that the first one he could get his hands on would be sent to me. Believe it, my stand showed up less than a week later.I also had cables with a similar condition, but just ordered them because the price was too affordable. Maybe I should have contacted them like "Quik" did.I would not trade my stand for any other. Kudo's to Summit!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

This company is a class act from top to bottom. You CANNOT go wrong with them. Im pretty flexible on my other equipment choices but not on my stands. Any company that treats its customers this well should be supported! I cant wait to try this new Goliath out. Besides the service being so good the stands are still American made which means a lot to some of us.