Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

meat hog

Old 02-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default meat hog

I woke up at 1:30 a.m., got us signed in , met Mike and we were off again...we walked a lil ways, nothing...then a bark, so we took off towards it, it was nothing, lol....
Then Mike said i was lost, but i wasn't, i was just a few hundred yds. away from our destination. "The Oak"....they were making fun of me because i usually walk in without a light and i can see the sun rising through the treetops, so i know where to go, well, i mistook the moon for the sun ,lol....but i redeemed myself shortly after and prooved to them that i knew where i was, lol......we walked some more, nothing, then we crossed over and headed south, seems to be our lucky direction, anyway, we were sitting around calling for ol'Reb and Mike sees him right in front of us but he wasn't coming, then it ran by, i thought it was Reb, then i thought to myself,sure didn't run like Reb, then here comes Reb beboppin' from behind us, it was a hog that had just run by, Reb got on the trail and we heard him, then we heard the squeal, don't know what happened to Mike, he said he went one way, but i just don't know, lol.....might of been a lil thick for him, lol......me and my other hunting companion ran up on the hog and he grabbed it and i stuck it....when i did, i didn't quite get the heart, next thing you know, i'm being sprayed with blood, all over my face, the trees, my buddy, the dog, it was horrible, lol.....i puked my guts out......it died real quick, but not like the one from the other day, that was almost instant....perfect meat hog, not nursing, alot of fat for a wild hog.......87lbs. sow...
Mike was right behind us, i just had to give him crap because he went to the left and he didnt follow us and we got to it first, lol......but he showed up right after....I love this hog/dog hunting.....Hanging out all morning in the woods with your buds,a great dog....it would be nice if we had more dogs, but Reb has been "Super Dog".
They declined a group pic, so you got me again, sorry....i did try to get them to take pics, i really did......
Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: meat hog

Way to go Girl!!! Nice size!Great story as well. Like the name of your dog, Reb
Old 02-10-2007, 10:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Again, nice size pig and story too...
Old 02-11-2007, 06:13 AM

Nice pig and a good dog.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:20 AM

thats great Ma. there's nothing like getting after one with a good dog.been a few years since I'ev had the luck to be in on one of those hunts.all my dogs are gone now,all I have is bugger.he loves it,but the wife doesn't like me to take him on hogs.( he's the baby).

Old 02-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

lol........he would be awesome, lol...but we want to keep the wives happy, so ya gotta sacrifice, lol..........love that shiney coat.
Old 02-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntnma

lol........he would be awesome, lol...but we want to keep the wives happy, so ya gotta sacrifice, lol..........love that shiney coat.
Y'all making me jealous.. Here's my dog. I'm proud of mypatrioticdog.. He wants to go to Iraq

Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: The Rev

ORIGINAL: huntnma

Y'all making me jealous.. Here's my dog. I'm proud of mypatrioticdog.. He wants to go to Iraq

C'mon man, my stomach hurts from laughing!
Old 02-11-2007, 05:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

thats great Ma. there's nothing like getting after one with a good dog.been a few years since I'ev had the luck to be in on one of those hunts.all my dogs are gone now,all I have is bugger.he loves it,but the wife doesn't like me to take him on hogs.( he's the baby).

C'mon TC, feed that dog some dog food. Is that all you feed it....Coke cans? And from Sam's?No wonder it looks like it will kill for food!