Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 Meat, Meat, Meat Part TwoX2 >

Meat, Meat, Meat Part TwoX2

Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Meat, Meat, Meat Part TwoX2

Old 12-15-2007, 12:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Meat, Meat, Meat Part TwoX2

I got out again on Friday. I made another shot at a nice big doe at 50 yards. Again, not a very difficult shot. I then ran two patches of Butch's Bore Shine-followed by a half dozen dry patches. I reloaded the rifle and handed it to my friend. About 20 minutes later he shot a nice doe at 125 yards. I told him to hold a bit high on the front shouder, he did and that was exactly where he hit.

I hit my doe right in the crease behind the front shoulder. She ran about 60 yards-then fell over dead. Ben hit his doe high on the shoulder, and she went down right there. He is going to skin both of the deer this evening, and look for the bullet's. It was dark when we got in, so I did not see whether the bullet's were pass through's or not. That is three shots and three kills for the new Knight Long Range Hunter. The rifle really is a shooter, and it handles like a dream. Tom.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Meat, Meat, Meat Part TwoX2

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I got out again on Friday. I made another shot at a nice big doe at 50 yards. Again, not a very difficult shot. I then ran two patches of Butch's Bore Shine-followed by a half dozen dry patches. I reloaded the rifle and handed it to my friend. About 20 minutes later he shot a nice doe at 125 yards. I told him to hold a bit high on the front shouder, he did and that was exactly where he hit.

I hit my doe right in the crease behind the front shoulder. She ran about 60 yards-then fell over dead. Ben hit his doe high on the shoulder, and she went down right there. He is going to skin both of the deer this evening, and look for the bullet's. It was dark when we got in, so I did not see whether the bullet's were pass through's or not. That is three shots and three kills for the new Knight Long Range Hunter. The rifle really is a shooter, and it handles like a dream. Tom.
That is great to hear that your LRH is shooting great. I agree there is no better feeling for a hunter to have total confidence in his accuracy and his bulllet. What were ya using to take the two does?
Chap Gleason
Old 12-15-2007, 05:53 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulations to you and your friend. Sounds like good meat to me

Old 12-15-2007, 05:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on harvesting those deer.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Congratulations on a great hunt with friends, and being the owner of a great rifle... I will guess that you got pass through in both cases, but it will be interesting to hear back from you.