Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hog meat any good?  What about bear meat? >

Hog meat any good? What about bear meat?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hog meat any good? What about bear meat?

Old 05-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hog meat any good? What about bear meat?

Here in MI we don't have any wild hogs so I've never tasted it. Is it any good? What about black bear? I'm thinking about going on an archery bear hunt and was wondering how it tastes. Hate to waste meat....
Old 05-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default RE: Hog meat any good? What about bear meat?

Black bear meat is excellent. Trim away all fat and slow cook on a low temp for 5-6 hrs. We always have a beer and bear party after we get home......Awesome....only thing is that after you eat bear meat you have a strong craving for honey and want to rub your a$$ on a log.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Black bear meat is excellent. Trim away all fat and slow cook on a low temp for 5-6 hrs. We always have a beer and bear party after we get home......Awesome....only thing is that after you eat bear meat you have a strong craving for honey and want to rub your a$$ on a log.
LMAO hardcore I also heard fromhardcore that if you go bear hunting that the strip clubs around those areas are fun
Old 05-17-2006, 06:28 PM

Wild hog meat can be excellent. Here in Florida we have quite a few of them and I love to hunt them. There are a ton of ways to prepare it. Some people will tell you that the big boar hogs are worthless but thats not always true, they can make great sausage. Its a wild meat just like any other animal you hunt, but damn is it good. Bear ehh i duno, unfortunately we cannot hunt our bears in florida.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:13 PM
t3

ive found that the best way to cook a hog is to smoke itall day long and it just falls off the bone when its done and it has an awesome flavor to it.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

that's funny

Old 05-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'd rather trim away all the fat and then chew on Hardcore's Azz than eat bear meat, there in avoid that rubbing on the log.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'd rather trim away all the fat and then chew on Hardcore's Azz than eat bear meat, there in avoid that rubbing on the log.
100% agreed. I dont care who prepares it or who cooks it, bear tastes like Leprachon crap.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:32 AM
Fork Horn

I've never had wild hog, but bear meat is excellent.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never had wild boar ,but I sure do love a good feed of bear .The bad thing with bear that they are very fatty and it's very important to get rid of as much fat as you possibly can ,it leave's quite a bad taste if you don't .
I usually will cookit on the BBQ in order for the fat to drip off ,or if your cooking it in a frying pan you need to continuosly pour the fat out as your cooking it ,I'll even boil it in some case's .

nubo

Quick Reply: Hog meat any good? What about bear meat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.