Community
Hogs and Exotics Gun or bow, you can stretch your season and fill the freezer with wild hogs and an assortment of exotics.

To Greg and Hunters.

Old 02-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default To Greg and Hunters.

Thanks to Greg
I’ve already thanked him by pm.. And I’m sure that Russell and Kyle would agree that Greg,Txjourneyman was an excellent host. He is truly a gentleman. He’s also a Christian man that doesn’t have to say it, he shows it. I was completely satisfied with his hospitality.
I believe he has started something more of us need to do. We can go to our county extension office and find land owners that have a hog problem and get in contact with themto arrange hunts. I can tell you more land owners are going to be more inclined to allow bow hunts more than gun hunts. Only because of the live stock they have. I am going to inquire out west of Ft. Worth. Maybe some of you guys down south can do the same and we can start a data base where hog hunters don’t have to pay out their nose to be able to get a hunt in here and there. I too like Greg hate to see guys that don’t had accessibility to land get racked through the coals to hunt. Most guys can only afford to hunt once or twice a year. I am so lucky I hunt that much or more a week.
So again. Thanks to Greg, and let us put our heads together and see how we can create some sort of data base of landowners. To get this started if you find a place to hunt contact me or Greg, and we’ll get hunters together. I know we can do this thing. I’m going to put this on the other forum, I’m into also.
www.livehunt.com. It’s new and growing.
Greg, thanks brother!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: To Greg and Hunters.

Well said Bob.
I too did thank Gregin a pm and an open thread in the bowhunting forum.

Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys I had fun and look forward to our next hunt together. As Bob mentioned I am trying to put farmers together with hunters to help each other out. I have contacted several county ag extension co-ops. They all seem to agree that bowhunters will have an earier time gaining permission to hunt. There will just be fewer worries about livestock.
If you are a Tx hunter that would like to try and help us or even find some land to hunt for you and your buddies please contact your county ag agent. Be articulate and use spell check if you need to. No offense to rednecks but we want to portray ourselves as intelligent and responsible hunters. Let them know that references are availableand a hunting resume as well. I have been telling anyone that will listen that we will remove all hogs we kill from the property and any meat will be eaten by us or donated to help feed the needy. I also stress that we will respect the land we hunt on. All gates will be left as found, we will not shoot onto adjacent properties without permission and more than anything else we will not damage crops or livestock.
If you have anything to add please let me know. Here is a link to find your county ag agent http://county-tx.tamu.edu I think there is great potential in this to open up more land to more responsible hunters. We have to try. I am meeting with two landowners Tuesday night to discuss the possibilities. Wish me luck. Greg
Old 02-12-2007, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Well guys I had fun and look forward to our next hunt together. As Bob mentioned I am trying to put farmers together with hunters to help each other out. I have contacted several county ag extension co-ops. They all seem to agree that bowhunters will have an earier time gaining permission to hunt. There will just be fewer worries about livestock.
If you are a Tx hunter that would like to try and help us or even find some land to hunt for you and your buddies please contact your county ag agent. Be articulate and use spell check if you need to. No offense to rednecks but we want to portray ourselves as intelligent and responsible hunters. Let them know that references are availableand a hunting resume as well. I have been telling anyone that will listen that we will remove all hogs we kill from the property and any meat will be eaten by us or donated to help feed the needy. I also stress that we will respect the land we hunt on. All gates will be left as found, we will not shoot onto adjacent properties without permission and more than anything else we will not damage crops or livestock.
If you have anything to add please let me know. Here is a link to find your county ag agent http://county-tx.tamu.edu I think there is great potential in this to open up more land to more responsible hunters. We have to try. I am meeting with two landowners Tuesday night to discuss the possibilities. Wish me luck. Greg
Excellent point Greg mentioned... Please use spell check..
Things like these are not acceptable.

(1).Hey, can we go on a killin spree over at your place.
( 2). I got beer, you got hogs, whacha say let's get it on.
(3). Me an Bubba, need to blow off some steam!

Those are not acceptable, even tho those words carry alot of meaning over at mom-an-ems.

The End.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:44 AM

So telling the landowner things like:

This here boolet is so good, it'll drop a full grown bull with one shot!

That's a bad thing??

Sounds like ya'll had a fine time! Can't wait to find some folks to go hog hunting with and learn from. I'm stuck in a "Good Ole Boy" situation here being in town now only a few years, they haven't quite accepted me yet. Even working for the City and talking to them everyday, still am a bit of an outsider.

Nice to know that new Will you wrote wasn't needed this time, Greg!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nice to know that new Will you wrote wasn't needed this time, Greg!
He might need next week end specially ifn that tha feeder dont go off

Where abouts are ya Trace?

Old 02-12-2007, 09:08 AM

well, imma try to see how well our local ag agent works down here, we have several local bowhunters down here in corpus, who want to do a hog hunt, were calling it "Hams for the homeless", all the game will be donated to local homeless shelters, so where gonna see how much my local ag agent can help.thanks for the heads up guys on the contact info at the county ag
Old 02-12-2007, 09:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Russ I already bought a new battery! Don't point that thing at me!
Old 02-12-2007, 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

He might need next week end specially ifn that tha feeder dont go off

Where abouts are ya Trace?
ROFL.. That's just spiffy.. think he said he got the new battery, though.

I'm in De Leon, about 26 miles SW from Stephenville.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Dominant Buck

The farmers in my area have found the value of outfitters. They make to much money leasing their land to outfitters. Ive tried for over 14 years to find a single bit of land to hunt near my house, and all the farmers have leased out their property to the outfitters. We have three to four outfitters just in this little town. That is why I have to drive over an hour to my land to hunt. Im still up for a hog hunt on my land. Bow or rifle. Its not big, and kinda out of the way, but im up for it. I just need a time, ill provide the place.

Quick Reply: To Greg and Hunters.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.