Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Help me choose a .22 >

Help me choose a .22

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help me choose a .22

Old 10-17-2006, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me choose a .22

ORIGINAL: DM

The best pump I can find is the Remington 572. However, I don't want to spend almost $400 on a .22.
Why not??? There are more parts in a 572 than there is in a 700 3006 or magnum....

In about 1971 i paid $98.00 for an Anschutz22, and that was a LOT of money back then "especially" for me!I still have it, and it still shoots like the day it wasnew.... You wouldn't believe the places i've drug that 22 and it's been worth every penny i paid for it... I've had a million dollars in fun with it over the years, not to mention how much money it's saved me by putting food on the table...

All of that, and i could easily sell it for two hundred bucks today!!

DM
Because I don't use a .22 that much and I refuse to pay $400 for a .22 when I could get a Remington 700 .22-250 for less than that...

I don't see how that is so hard to understand unless your just in love with .22's.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:24 PM

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

The best pump I can find is the Remington 572. However, I don't want to spend almost $400 on a .22.
Why not??? There are more parts in a 572 than there is in a 700 3006 or magnum....

In about 1971 i paid $98.00 for an Anschutz22, and that was a LOT of money back then "especially" for me!I still have it, and it still shoots like the day it wasnew.... You wouldn't believe the places i've drug that 22 and it's been worth every penny i paid for it... I've had a million dollars in fun with it over the years, not to mention how much money it's saved me by putting food on the table...

All of that, and i could easily sell it for two hundred bucks today!!

DM
Because I don't use a .22 that much and I refuse to pay $400 for a .22 when I could get a Remington 700 .22-250 for less than that...

I don't see how that is so hard to understand unless your just in love with .22's.
Makes alot of sense to me.. 400 bucks for a 22 just for small game animals.. Especially when you have to waite for them to slow down or stop to shoot them...No way.. A single shot,you usually don't get a second shot at a squirrel right after the first shot anyway...Plenty of time to reload for the next chance... The thing is,I don't know if they make them where they break open like a shot gun though??The ones I seen are bolts...
Old 10-17-2006, 05:19 PM
DM

Actually, i'm in love with "quality" and when i buy quality, i always get my money back. That way, i get to use something for FREE... I see that as a pretty good deal... Just like the Anschutz i told you about in my last post...

DM
Old 10-17-2006, 06:43 PM

Marlin 39 A would be my choice, not cheep but worth every penny!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:24 PM

Maybe look at the Henry's? Not a pump though. Classic little levers that semm to have a strong/loyal following.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, i'm in love with "quality" and when i buy quality, i always get my money back. That way, i get to use something for FREE... I see that as a pretty good deal... Just like the Anschutz i told you about in my last post...

DM
Well that is good for you. I hope you aren't implying that an inexspensive gun isn't quality. There are plenty of inexpensive guns that give years of service that don't cost $1k. I just sold off my guns so I don't plan on selling this one anytime soon. And, just because yougot agood resale out of your gundoesn't mean anyone can or wants to. Not every gun holds value like that regardless of use either. b

I just sold 5 used guns and I'm turning that into 4 new guns. I'd say that's pretty good and it didn't require me to pony up any money.

To me a .22 is for keeping behind the door and killing stray cats/dogs. Not a show peice or a high performance target rifle. That pretty much rules out spending over $300 or $400 on it.