Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ruger Mark II .22 pistol

Old 10-10-2006, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ruger Mark II .22 pistol

I picked up another one last night at a local gun shop. I've had one for years and my buddies always tries to steal it from me so I ran across a used one for sale. I picked it up and looked at it and I don't think it has ever been fired. The original receipt was still in the case and the magazines still had the stickers on the side. Now maybe I'll be able to shoot my own gun more often. They are a blast to shoot. Mine has had several thousand rounds put through it without a jam. I think my buddy will be excited when I give him the one I just bought. Does anybody else have any expereince with the Mark II.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ruger Mark II .22 pistol

I have my fathers rugers he got way back when and it still shoot great for the price you can't bet it
Old 10-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have a MKII target. It shoots really well, my only conplaint is the odd grip angle.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:06 PM

yeah my dad has got one and i pull it out occassionally, ive been looking to get a new one just because the fact this his is so reliable, ive yet to see it jam, however my brother has a beretta neos and while its a good gun i just dont think they compare with the rugers, MKII all the way,
Old 10-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at a Smith & Wesson target pistol as well and there was no comparision with the Ruger.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, bought one new, stainless with the 6 7/8 barrel...Back in the 80s...It loves CCI Hollowpoints, with open sights it will keep them in a inch and a half group at 25 yards...I have killed a bunch of squirrels and twice as many water moccosons with while fishing...
Old 10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had one about 15yrs ago and miss it still today. They are great little shooters.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

I have one that I found on an upper shelf in the workshop while moving into the house I bought three years ago. I thought about telling the previoius owner....but never got around to it. My son and I both love it at the range and it has taken out two racoons, several rabbits,and a couple possum.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've got one too, and like it a lot. Like someone else said, I'm not real pleased with the grip angle, as I'm a 1911 fan... Maybe one of these days I'll get rid of the Mark II and pick up a 22/45.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:18 PM

Mine has the slab sided barrel, and is far more accurate than I'll ever be. We shoot a lot down on the creek and have even managed to break a few clays with them, though it's much easier to miss them. My gun loves to snuff out squirrels and armidalios.

Quick Reply: Ruger Mark II .22 pistol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.