Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Desert Stryker.. >

Desert Stryker..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Desert Stryker..

Old 01-06-2009, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Desert Stryker..

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

Yep...you are right...Excalibur is the greatest thing since sliced bread and I need to change my approach to consumer questions. Argument done....

Wyvern
I never said that they were the greatest thing since sliced bread. I just DISPUTED your claim that Excalibur intentionally misleads customers. It would not matter what company it was, if a person puts forth a incorrect claim or statement like you did which I know to be faulse, then I will correct it.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Whatever you want to think...all I can say is buyer beware....and I will continue to tell my customers the truth about the advertized speeds of Excal bows. If they want me to build custom arrows, fine, but I will not lie to my customers and tell them they will get speeds that cannot be achieved with off the shelf, non-custom built components and if that just means I sell more bows from companies that post results that can be gotten with factory or off the shelf arrows then so be it.

Wyvern
Old 01-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Wyvern! Ya can get 350 out of a 370 by swapping the 100 gr point for a 75. Just tell em to spit on it before the shot, oughta pick up the 5 gr, lolol.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Ahh, but now the FOC is too low... Makes you wonder why they now include 150gr broadheads in their packages.

Wyvern
Old 01-06-2009, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Wyvern Crossbow

Ahh, but now the FOC is too low... Makes you wonder why they now include 150gr broadheads in their packages.

Wyvern
Well, I'm sure you're sick of this one, but what I think is GT put the screws to them when they brought out the thinner walled shafts. I don't know much about a lot, other brands of carbon arrows being one of them. I know the guys building arrows on Excal can't get weight w/ alum inserts and thinner GT shafts. Not my problem, but can sympathize w/ yours. I know when I got my 1st Excal in late 04 or early 05 it came w/ FFF string and 357 gr GT's. Nasty combo, to be sure. Have fun, looking forward to your annual ATA reports!