Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Desert Stryker.. >

Desert Stryker..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Desert Stryker..

Old 12-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Desert Stryker..

I will never give up my Excalibur, but I do have room for another bow or two..
I ran in to a Stryker today, I like the feel,I like the numbers (not the ones on the price tag) and I like the looks.
Have they stopped the issues with these things? All I remember in the beginning is hearing horror stories of destruction on the bow it's self. It wont be a purchase this year , but may be in my future.
Have they made them so they don't self destruct yet?
Old 12-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Desert Stryker..

The DS is discontinued for next year, used ones do not have a transferable warranty, and yes the bugs are gone. All of this is from what I've read. I did get a chance on the buff hunt to shoot the full bore Stryker. Fast, accurate and nice trigger. Weighed a ton. Have you shot Don's Paradox? Only 10 fps diff w/ 20 grain lighter arra. Wonderful warranty, lol.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

The big issue was cured last year with a trigger re-design. Like any laminated limb bow, there were a few failures, but I had a Phantom that blew up twice on a customer, so unless every other bow I sell has a problem I dont think it a design issue so much as a crap happens issue in any production item. The DS has been discontinued and a new, faster bow the Strike Force is replacing it. It is pretty much an identical bow except the re-enforced the limbs (they are now 190lbs) added basicly an STS system, got rid of that butt ugly desert camo and have HD green (plus some options) and it clocks 385fps. I personaly had great luck with the DS and own one myself. I will have the very first Strike Forces here in two days so I will do a review on it once they show up. As far as buying a DS, if that is the bow you want, you may have issues finding it later in the year as these new bows replace it.I only have one left and it is my personal and is custom camoed.

Wyvern
Old 12-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Banned

I also own a Desert Stryker that I bought after a Limited Edition recurve bow I bought turned out to be the biggest P.O.S I've ever owned or seen. Just goes to show you that any manufacturer can make a lemon.

You couldn't pry my DS away from me. It is fast, super accurate, fairlly quiet with no add ons, nicely narrow and not real heavy. The new Stryke Force is supposely lighter, quieter and faster. That should be one helluva a bow to see and shoot.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought after a Limited Edition recurve bow I bought turned out to be the biggest P.O.S I've ever owned or seen.
Says you. I've read most of your diatribes on the various forums, and while we are all entitled to our opinions, mine is yer a windbag, lol.

If I coulda got my grubby little paws on that Y25, I'd of proved it.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:05 AM

Does anyone know the price of the Strykeforce yet? Jus wondering!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

It is the exact same price as the DS. $899 for the stripped model and $999 for the "kit". I JUST got 4 in and will be doing a very quick review on it before I shlep to NY for the holidays

Wyvern
Old 12-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I bought after a Limited Edition recurve bow I bought turned out to be the biggest P.O.S I've ever owned or seen.
Says you. I've read most of your diatribes on the various forums, and while we are all entitled to our opinions, mine is yer a windbag, lol.

If I coulda got my grubby little paws on that Y25, I'd of proved it.

Merry Christmas.
I don't think you were alone on that one Dan.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:59 AM
Banned

Yup, we are all entittled to our own opinions. Intelligent people don't voice opinions. Intelligent poeple also tend to have facts before they voice an opinion. But then there arethose who haven't the foggiest idea what occurred , I have learned to expect comments such as posted. There are those resident legends in their own mind, who believe the know everything about every situation.I just consider the source, as it is alwaystheir display of ignorance, stupidity and severe inbreeding. I could stoop to the same bottom feeding, scum sucking level and voice my opinion of a few people , but I won't. They're not worth the time it takes to type the words
Old 12-25-2008, 09:06 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Intellegent people don't sling insults in every direction where ever they go.

Quick Reply: Desert Stryker..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.