Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Desert Stryker Pics >

Desert Stryker Pics

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Desert Stryker Pics

Old 07-07-2007, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default Desert Stryker Pics

I've got a set of pics of the new Stryker up over at Archery Talk if anyone is interested. Shoots great. Here's a pic of the limb movement. Still don't see where 350 fps comes from but it does. I had to get a new target as it was going through all I had. I've got other xbows and it stopped all of them but this thing tore it up. Cocked it's only 14 wide.

Old 07-07-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Desert Stryker Pics

looks like tho's cams take alot of abuse,wounder how the bushings and pins will hold out after awhile..
Cool pic's........
Old 07-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

The bushings for the limbs are huge sealed roller bearings, 4 of them. The pins on the end of the limbs should be fine. Doesn't appear to be as much stress there. The stirrup and the link to the riser both move slightly. The stirrup has a hard rubber insert in it that allows the link to move in & out about 3/8 of an inch. Interesting design. It's pretty quiet and has a shorter noise duration for the shot and lower in volume. Different sound more like a loud compound than an xbow to me. Little to no hand shock. Weight is down from the original Striker quiet a bit. Balanced better too. The chain drive is gone and it's a by hand or rope cocked model. Must shoot to uncock it too.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figured it had to be a good sized bearing to take that load.......If I ever get a chance Iam going to try one just too see for myself........Iam happy with the two CB's I have now......
Old 07-08-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez.... I just felt a wave of guilt. Not that I am gonna run out and buy one but it does seem the Stryker is getting a couple of thumbs up. There are sure to be problems to work out I'm guessing but take away guy dressed like aswat team member, put a decent camo on it and it looks OK..
But.... I just changed the string on my Pheonix and that's about as complicatedas I like it. Five minutes and bang.. Right back on target and the string has not even stretched into a sweet brace height..

14 Inches locked and loaded!! WOW! Gotta admit that IS impressive!
Old 07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

I don't like complicated either. But I dislike strugling through a thicket with a stand on your back, xbow in hand and fighting all the way in and out while trying to be silent. Around here much of our land is logged out pine forests and it can brutally thick or impossible to get through to get to a tree you can actually climb. Any time I can slim down my profile I'll do it. I have an excal and the limbs got hung up enough for me to know that I wanted something smaller. So small it is.

Yes their ad guys are a bit extreme. It's hunting not war although at times I feel like I lost the war. I think they might be backing down a bit on it. I don't see any potential problems with the xbow. The trigger and all is the same. The chain drive cocking is gone on this model and I think that was the sorce of any issues with the first model they made. The few that have one an post have shot a bunch without isues. I think it was isolated or operator error. It is good to see something different enter the market and from a compound company makes it even better. Xbows can't be all that bad if a verticle bow company is making it. I think it's made a few look and wonder that BT is making an xbow and there must be more to it.

Here's 20 yds with the scope mounted before making any adjustments. Almost right out of the box.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the stryker friday, that thing is a smoker!
Old 07-08-2007, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I shot the stryker friday, that thing is a smoker!
I had to go get a new target before I could shoot mine. At 30 yds I had a layered target about 18" thick sitting in front of another foam target that was 10" or more thick. It was going through and sticking out the back at 20 yds and at 30yds only the tip of the arrow was showing. It's a target puncher. I can't imagine another 50+ fps onto it with the first Stryker.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Typical Buck

The Stryker is pretty incredible... But it was hard for me to justify spending that kind of money for just 20 fps faster than my Vortex (over 1/3 less)... But if size was an issue I think I would make a case... I hunt my own land so I don't have to haul that much in.

I am sure it will be a great CB... Bowtech is my favorite bow manufacturer, I have a Diamond and absolutely love it. Enjoy your new toy!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot mine at gander mountian at a 6 yard indoor range with a huge block target, it didnt quite bury to the fletching but it was heck trying to get it out!

Quick Reply: Desert Stryker Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.