Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 disappointed in my ex-desert stryker... >

disappointed in my ex-desert stryker...

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

disappointed in my ex-desert stryker...

Old 07-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Spike

Default disappointed in my ex-desert stryker...

i bought a desert stryker last summer and when i got it everything was great....shot it almost everyday for2-3 weeks leading up to opening day.....and then 2 days b4 opening morning i was shooting it and when i pulled the trigger it didnt shoot for like 5 seconds so i cocked it again and shot it and it shot smooth as silk...........so,i figured that i may have not had the bolt all the way in or something like that so i shot it the next day like 9-10 times to make sure their wasnt something wrong with the xbow and it shot smooth everytime...........opening morning (i had been patterning a very nice 150 inch 10 pointer all summer)i am in my tree stand and just as i had planned 10 minutes after day break here comes the big ten and 4 other younger bucks.....he stops broadside at 25 yards,i squeeze the trigger and nothing happens...after like 10 seconds i start bringing the xbow down slowly to see what is going on and then it decides to shoot,luckily i didnt have any fingers in the strings way!......it shot 10 yards under the deer and that was that.......i felt like throwing the xbow........does all this sound bad enough???........well its not,i called bowtech and sent it in and got it back 1 1/2 months later and 1 week after i got it back the exact same thing happened again with a 130 inch 8 pointer.....sent it back for the second time,they re-did the trigger again,i got it back and sold it asap for half of what i gave for it.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: disappointed in my ex-desert stryker...

i am sorry for the problem you had that resulted in lost of harvested game. as you said you sold it because of trigger issues. hopefully they have fixed that problem. i do hope you have since gotten a CB that works well for you.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

I know at one point, Bowtech was bringing in their bows and doing a teflon coating to drop the poundage. Was this what was done, or was it the full trigger swap (which was not done till the very end of last year)? The reason I ask is that I have had NO trouble with any Desert Stryker after the full trigger swap.

Wyvern
Old 07-05-2008, 10:22 PM

Bowtech did jump the gun a little with some of their initial Desert Strykers going out with problematic triggers. From yor explanation, your bow was one of those. The problem was corrected with a trigger replacement. I've shot mine daily for months now with absolutely no problems. The Desert Stryker is one awesome crossbow with unbeatable accuracy and minimal recoil. I've not heard of anyone having trouble after their triggers were replaced until your post.

Old 07-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Spike

the first time i sent it in i dont believe they replaced the trigger,they did some kind of adjustment and after i sent it back the second time i know that they did an entire trigger replacement so i hope that fixed the problem completely and it must have because i told the guy that i sold it to exactly what had happened and if he had any problems that i would give him his money back......i was just so frustrated at the time and probably shoulda kept it because i will admit that when it actually shot like it was supposed to it was the best shooting xbow i have ever shot but i almost felt cursed by what had happened with those two bucks.........but i am sure that the new ones are fine so dont let my encounter discourage anyone from buying one.