Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Its been a long time since I bought a gun soooo >

Its been a long time since I bought a gun soooo

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Its been a long time since I bought a gun soooo

Old 04-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Its been a long time since I bought a gun soooo

Personaly I think its the Rosters fault for running into the bullet...
Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

LOL, I "Zwickied" mine at 20 yds. Turned his big butt into cat food for the zoo. Arrow stayed in too!!

Dnk: I have a .17 also and they are worthless in a crosswind. Had a few .17 Rem and they were bad that way too. Even my .223 shows the wind affect at 100 yds.

You guys might get a kick outta this one. After my wife passed away she got a money solicitation from PETA that had a shiny new nickel in it. I put it up at 100 yds and punched a hole in near center w/ the .17 hmr and sent it back telling them I didn't think their organization was worth a "plugged nickel" lol. Never heard from them again!

awshucks, I'm sorry about your wife's passing. I think you did a very clever thing with that nickel, showing them that you didn't need their money and showing that they need to update their records on living souls also. But, you are lucky in one little bitty detail. They could have hadyouarrested for destroying legal tender. A felony. WOW! And to think I could have pulled jail time for all those pennies I let trains run over way back when. LOL. Isn't money fun to ruin? Or waste? Or spend? Or look at? Or, heck, you get the idea. LOL
BBO
Old 04-08-2007, 08:23 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Buddy, is there a reward for a report that leads so a conviction for these kinda people?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 AM

I have thought about getting the 17 HM2 for tree rat hunting since it will not go as far as the HMR, but it is still supposed to be a great little round. Figured it would be great for making them fifty yard shots on the tree rats in early season. But Probably not this year, the Vortex is on the top of the list.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah dnk, there probably is a reward for a taddle tail report of sorts but me personally would be in the clear as my pennies the train ran over were Canadian pennies. LOL J/K (Russian pennies) (Iraqi?) (ok, I lied. It was a big old fat lady jumping up and down on one. Bye awshucks. Dnk is gonna have you sent away to the ROCK!)
BBO
Old 04-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Yeah dnk, there probably is a reward for a taddle tail report of sorts but me personally would be in the clear as my pennies the train ran over were Canadian pennies. LOL J/K (Russian pennies) (Iraqi?) (ok, I lied. It was a big old fat lady jumping up and down on one. Bye awshucks. Dnk is gonna have you sent away to the ROCK!)
BBO
Jail house lawyer told me currency is paper money, coin is not, lol. Try paying a sizable bill in pennies and see what happens. You do know they took all the gold away around 1935, the siver went in 1964 and even the copper is gone from pennies since 1982. Monopoly game, anyone??
Old 04-10-2007, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

think you guys could convince my wife that i need a varmit gun? i have to use .22 or 125 gr .3006. btw i also need a .45 long colt.[8D]
Old 04-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

shewe....Only if you talk my wife into letting me buy a Vortex .