Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Best Time I Had In The Woods For A Long Time! >

Best Time I Had In The Woods For A Long Time!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best Time I Had In The Woods For A Long Time!

Old 12-14-2002, 08:25 AM

Default Best Time I Had In The Woods For A Long Time!

Woke Up This Morning At 5am......Woke My Dad Up At 6...Took A Shower With That Scent Eliminator Body Wash....My Dad Drop Me Off At The Road Where I Went Hunting...It Was Still A Kinda dark.....Walked Every So Slowly..LoL......Sat 10 Feet From A Funnel Area For 1 Hour....So I Got Tired And Saw 4 partridge To My left Around 20 Feet Away..Got Up...Went After Em....Looked Like Of Em Was Copin A Turkey..Its Neck Feathers Puffed....Followed The Feather Puff..Under Trees...I Was Crawlin..Looked Up And Saw A Fox At 15 feet..Carryin A Weasel in His Mouth..Might Have Been A Small Rabbit..It Was White..And I Thought I Was A Sucky Hunter Cuz I usual Saw Partridge...So I Knew i Was Doin Sumtine Right..Couldnt Shoot Him..He Had His Eyes On me..Man Tha Excitement..After He Jogged..Lets Say That..Didnt Really Run off..I Started Shakin..It Was Awesome..I was Happy....Knew I Was Doin Sumtin Right..Cuz Fox Usual Steer Clear Of Humans...After That..About 1 And A Half hour Later....Was Followin A Deer Trail..Came To A Four Wheeler Road..Look Up And Saw A Big A**....And Antlers...The Deer Or Buck Was Around 100 Feet Away..Saw Him..I Thought I Scared Him Cuz He Looked Like He was Gonna Run...But Then he Stood In One place Lookin Up Towards Sumtin Else..he Didnt KNow I Was There...Then I Grunted..He Looked At Me.....He Was A 3x3...I Was Gonna Try And Draw My Bow Back But The Arrow Fell Off the Rest And Made A Clank Noise..And The Deer Ran away....But Still...Most Awesome Time In The Woods..First Time Seein A Deer.....While Hunting...hehe...Sorry For Writin So Much...Gonna Go Back To The Same Spot Next Week..I love Hunting even if I Dont Get Anything

RoMeO^19
Old 12-14-2002, 08:56 AM

Default RE: Best Time I Had In The Woods For A Long Time!

Sounds to me like you're on the right tract. If we only enjoyed the hunts where we harvested an animal, we would stop hunting very shortly. Good luck next weekend.

KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT SAFE. OR WE MAY NOT GET TO KEEP IT AT ALL.
Old 12-14-2002, 10:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, your hooked. I think you have the makings of a fine bow hunter.

Rick
Old 12-14-2002, 06:24 PM

sounds like you had a very good hunt. It was kinda hard to read though.

Old 12-16-2002, 11:28 AM

Some of my most memorable hunts are ones when I see cool wildlife in action and fail to harvest a deer. Makes the time in the woods much more enjoyable. Good luck hunting and putting sentences together!

Old 12-16-2002, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

What you have described is what so many non-hunters do not understand, how can you stay in the woods all day, not kill a deer and still be happy!!!!! When you have become one with nature, what else can you be?

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 12-16-2002, 02:47 PM

Ah Come On Guys..I Know How To Write Sentences...Juss..Call Them Abbraviated Sentences...Hehe..Didnt Have That Much Time On The net..So I Juss Wrote It Fast....Juss Tell Me If You Want All The Story..I'll Write It Over Again

RoMeO^19