Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 01-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

In the gully i found where some low life had crapped half dz. times. Didn't try to cover or bury it, so i figure it was done on purpose! Sick puppies here i will say that!
........Hey Smoke, how high above sea level is Drummonds,Tenn? It's the air man, it's got to be the air I tell you!
Old 01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spect about 200' at the most! Just some very sick minded humans here!
Old 01-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Are you guys still hunting???? How much longer can youns hunt?
Old 01-20-2007, 01:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Hey, in North FL we have most of Feb..for deer! In North FL we have untill Jan 30 for Canadian Geese (over Lake Jackson in Jackson County ONLY!)
Old 01-21-2007, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Yes! I went out two more times since my last post on here. Had no luck! The deer are moving at night real bad. Both times I went out after a fresh rain and in the morning the ground had lots of fresh tracks. My dad had one doe come out right at quiting time, but came in straight at him and never gave him a shot, was to dark to shoot after the deer started to graze and turn. I can hunt until the first weekend in February, not sure of the date.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:15 PM

This story is one of those stories that sounds so far fetched that it reduced the collective credibility of all hunting stories, but here goes....

I was out the other day in my ground blind using the fawn in distress call. Throughout the day I heard a little bit of rustling in the bushes and assumed it was deer (or should I say hoped it was deer and not squirrels). I have called in coyotes with this call before and one came in again. My blind was set up in a field surrounded by woods and the coyote was crouched down at the edge of the woods scanning the field (most likely looking for the injured fawn). Then all of the sudden a guy in red flannel comes walking out of the woods following the deer trail near my blind. Amazingly the coyote did not run away. Instead it stayed crouched down. I stick my hand out the window of my blind and waved the guy over. He was not carrying a bow or crossbow so I asked him what he was doing on public hunting land. He said he was taking down a tree fort his son built in the woods (I found out what all that rustling I heard was). I told the guy that there was a coyote about 40 yards behind him and he freaks out like I told him a mountain lion was stalking him. The coyote runs away and I tell the guy that coyotes are just 30 lb. German Shepherd wannabes. I stay silent for an hour or so.... magic hour approaches.... the sun is just starting to shed a somewhat orange light.... when the a--hole returns, this time armed with a baseball bat. He follows the deer trail right back into the woods and I hear the rustling start up again. It started getting dark and I had not seen a deer all day when the guy walks by my blind again and asks me if I could help him haul some lumber out of the woods. At this point part of me wanted to remind the guy who had the loaded weapon, but I politely declined instead.