Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it!  Season II >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Old 09-28-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Wanted to start this post again so we could all share our stories about "Todays" activity. We make alot of good post and get a few, sometimes alot of replies but its easy for them to fall down the page and be forgot about. It was nice to have a thread where we could all check in and give an update on how the hunting is going. For example we might go out and see nothing or see a small doe off in the distance. Some will not want to make a post about just that cause what would you reply to it and say. So with this post were we could get in what the action was for that day and share. Some will not want to post on anon productive hunt, but if you go out and sit in the woods, tell us about it! Could be no action at all, but keepeach other up on how much we are getting out and whats going on. We had this last year and had alot of info from all of our hunts, I really enjoy from time to time doing a search for it and reading. Now if you have an awesome day in the stand or say have something extra special to share like falling out of the stand or something that you are totally pumped about like getting a deerthen make a separate post for it. This is not meant to have everything in it, but a online journal of our hunts. If you do make a separate post,try to post a reply in here with the link so as all of our great hunting stories can be accessed easily for all to see. So with the success we had last year on this lets do it again!

Edit: Forgot to tell ya this is the link to last years thread, lots of good hunts, a good read on a slow night!

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1726407&mpage=1
Old 09-28-2007, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Wednesday was good, had a shot at 5 yds. on a 90 lb. Doe. I let her go, looking fer a bigger fatter one. No mistake no spots, think she was last years fawn. Makes her a yearling. If i don't get any other in next week or so i will pop her if she gives me another chance. Both knees of my 20 year + camo pants ripped out. Just can't good quailty pants anymore.[&o]
Old 09-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

See my post above about the non-shooters remorse. Have passed on 5 does too. One big girl with a grown fawn but it' just too early. Two with very small fawns. And a couple of yearlings. Must be getting soft. I can shoot three this yr (one buck) but seems I don't feel the need to fill the freezer just yet. Maybe tomorrow.....
Old 09-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oct 1st for me. I need meat!!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I had already seen 20 bucks and lots of does. This year, and I've hunted every Friday and Saturday since season opened Sept 8th,I have only seen two bucks and three does. I has to be the drought conditions here in NC and the heat as well. They are eating the corn but at night time. Oh well, the weather will change soon I hope so hunting will get better. Later,
BBO
Old 09-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Last year I had already seen 20 bucks and lots of does. This year, and I've hunted every Friday and Saturday since season opened Sept 8th,I have only seen two bucks and three does. I has to be the drought conditions here in NC and the heat as well. They are eating the corn but at night time. Oh well, the weather will change soon I hope so hunting will get better. Later,
BBO
Buddy, the deer where I hunt will not eat corn at all since the acorns started dropping and there is a big crop of them, looks like I need to hunt the white oaks.

Martin

Old 09-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i made 3 trips down to oaks this morning. Took my ladder stand and all its extras. Then i got Miss Vixen and quiver and eased down there and sat in my camo chair. Birds n squirrels til little after 8 am. Big Doe with 2 little ones came my way and a nice 5 pt. and a nice 8 pt. followed her. She didn't like the fat man sitting in chair by her acorns![]I had shots at 35 yds. on Doe andone little one and both bucks. Just felt it was to far fer Miss Vixen who is sighted in at 20 yds. with 560 grs. arrows. They left and i got ladder stand put up. I hope i see any of in them in the morning closer.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went to my farm this morning, got there a little late, but i still made it in time to see a buck and a doe. Passed both of them up. too small for me. I went to a different farm with a ground blind and i scouted around and shot a few squirrels, and then put up my blind. I brushed it in well and left for a few hours. I came back to the farm, but the lady's hotttt 19 year old daughter was home, yada yada yadadidnt get out till 5:30 that afternoon. I sat down for 10 minutes and i looked out my left window and a little doe was feeding at about 10 yards. sweet! that dang doe came up to my blind window, and stuck her nose in! she was lookin at me straight in the eyes and didnt flinch at all. started eating the leavesfrom my brush job on the blind! very intense to say the least! one of the coolest experiances so far hunting. I'm going to bed, this 6am stuff is going to kill me lol
Old 09-30-2007, 04:51 AM

[quote]ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

I came back to the farm, but the lady's hotttt 19 year old daughter was home, yada yada yadadidnt get out till 5:30 that afternoon.

Now thats funny but understandable
Old 09-30-2007, 05:45 AM

Helped my buddy track a 12 pointer he shot at 20 yards with his exocet, stock arrows and wasp bh's. We tracked it for 1/4 of a mile.....very little blood trail of bright red blood.....spot here , spot there , not much to go on then finally down to nothing. We continued to zig zag the area for another 75 yards in hopes pf finding another blood drop.....nothing. I feel he was not hit as good as my pal thought .....he probably pulled the shot and just maybe nicked the belly area.......arrow not found as I type this.
BOB

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.