Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:57 PM

Default Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Wanted to create this post so we could all share our stories about "Todays" activity. We make alot of good post and get a few, sometimes alot of replys but its easy for them to fall down the page and be forgot about. So I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we could all check in and give an update on how the huntings going. For example we might go out and see nothing or see a small doe off in the distance. Some will not want to make a post about just that cause what would you reply to it and say. So with a post were we could get in what the action was for that day I think would be cool. Could be no action at all, but keepeach other on how much we are getting out and whats going on. Made a inquiry post about it and got what I thought was a good response so here it is. Now if you have an awesome day in the stand or say have something extra special to share like falling out of the stand or something that you are totally pumped about like getting a deerthen make a post for it. If you do try to post a reply in here with the link so as all of our great hunting stories can be accessed easily for all to see. So if ya like lets get our little on line CB journal going!
Old 10-08-2006, 10:06 PM

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Well I will break the ice and tell about yesterday. I went out for an evening hunt, could not drag myself out of bed for the am hunt. But was in stand at 4:00PM. Now the day before I froze, so today I dressed warmer, mistake, sat in stand until six with coat off and still hot! But anyways I did not see anything in stand. I thought I heard a deer pass by in the woods, but who knows them tree rats can play tricks with your head! So I get out of stand at 7:35 and walk past the corner of the woods and I see a deer! It was dark but my eyes had adjusted good and it looked to be a buck, but not certain. He did not run since it was so dark, and he was about eighty yards away so I just kept walking as to not alarm him. Will get back out Wednesday, better luck then.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out this morning and i saw 2 cat squirrels and a few Jay birds, got back to house at 9am.[&o]
Old 10-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm real glad we're starting this thread! I don't have anything to add today butyesterday while tracking that doe that I hit Sat evening, I came across two brandnew scrapes and a few rubs that arein my area that I wasn't aware of! You gotta luv it.My next hunt will be on Thursday!
Old 10-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Fork Horn

Got out late this afternoon....in stand at 5:00.....2 does come by at 5:15....one down at 5:16.

Thats two deer in two days of the season. Now I need to take a week off and then refocus on antlers since the freezer is full. Shot was 30yards broadside with the deers head behind a tree. Perfect double lung...she got 30yards.

Mitch
Old 10-09-2006, 08:05 PM

Excellent Mitch! Good to hear your tearing it up! I think I may get jealous!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

You're the man, mitch!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

i sure like the idea of this thread. nothing to add had been butchering the buck i shot friday. prob start hunting again wednesday. no way to weigh that 9 point....but i think he was the heaviest deer i ever shot......just a huge deer for this area....hehe.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mitchmtm1

Got out late this afternoon....in stand at 5:00.....2 does come by at 5:15....one down at 5:16.

Thats two deer in two days of the season. Now I need to take a week off and then refocus on antlers since the freezer is full. Shot was 30yards broadside with the deers head behind a tree. Perfect double lung...she got 30yards.

Mitch
Tell us more Mitch? What broadhead? Were you on a tree stand? What???
Old 10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Typical Buck

Well you dont hear from me much but I do lurk around here a lot and have gathered a ton of info. But I decided to go ahead and jump in on this.

I was supposed to get in the stand before sunrise sunday morning but the snooze button won that battle. So I decided to make it out by 2:00pm. That I did manage to do. So I sat and waited, waited and sat...nothing. Then all of the sudden MOVEMENT!!!!! I shift my body a little to get in a better position, my blood rushing,then I see the maker of the movement....10 turkey. I was wishing for deer but its always neat seeing wildlife. Needless to say I didnt see a single deer, but I did get to make sure my camera still worked.

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.