Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Lets hear it NC >

Lets hear it NC

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Lets hear it NC

Old 09-30-2003, 03:44 AM

Default Lets hear it NC

Well, the season has been in for about a month now, lets hear how everyone is doing. I saw a 6 point and 2 twin spikes on the evening of opening day. I let them all walk and have not seen anything since. Acorns are begining to drop, maybe it will pick up a bit.
Old 09-30-2003, 04:59 AM

Default RE: Lets hear it NC

I have seen one doe as I was entering my hunting land in the field across the street & then a couple of days later saw a small buck about 100 yrds away from my stand. Could not get a good look because of trees & brush.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' ve seen and passed on some small bucks and i' ve seen quite a few does and took a doe the second day of the season. There' s lots of acorns on the ground and other foods like grapes,persimmons and browse in thick cover so the big boys have plenty to eat without having to come out in the open to be seen. I' ve seen one scrape and several rubs but that should also increase shortly. I saw a small 4 point still in full velvet Friday which i thought was a little odd for this late in September but maybe not. I' m just glad to see the weather cooling off and with the pre rut not that far off things should get more interesting and exciting. Good Luck to all, hunt safe and God Bless!
Old 09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

Haven' t seen anything shootable yet. My buddy whom I hunt with on his land, has seen several small 6' s and 8' s, and a 3 very nice bucks in the 120-140 class. The one stand that I have been hunting is on a small ridge between a couple nice bedding thickets that very active once the pre-rut and rut is going on. Early season is not all that productive. In about 3-4 weeks that spot is going to start getting more and more active, when the nicer bucks starting filtering back into that area.
Old 09-30-2003, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

Haven' t seen a deer in the woods since the opener in the western part,only one bear,2 copperheads and a black snake.
One morning saw 2 does standing beside the road before I got to the lease,this past Saturday morning saw 3 bucks standing on the street near the fire department in town on the way up to the lease.All of which was before daylight.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-03-2003, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

I haven' t seen anything yet but I' ve only been 2 mornings so far. One of the guys that hunts with me took a nice 8 pointer opening morning and had 3 other shooter bucks under his stand at the same time. I think the cooler weather were having now will help a bit.
Old 10-05-2003, 05:06 AM

Awesome Website. You guys have been busy. From the looks of the one Travis got , it is starting to pay off. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2003, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Smitty. Yes, we have been busy. With the herbicide and the burn the landowners haven' t helped us out either. I just spent over $200 replanting my food plot about 3 weeks ago. It' s coming up but we need rain really bad and some warmer weather wouldn' t hurt either. I plan to hunt all day this coming weekend. Hopefully I will at least see something even if I don' t get a shot.

Shane
Old 10-07-2003, 12:09 PM
Spike

Do any of you guys Bear hunt? I am looking for Joe Shoe who owns Blue Ridge Outdoors. I went on a hunt (hog) with him last year

Quick Reply: Lets hear it NC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.