Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Wow! That's a big scrape! Go get him Jason, I'm about down to cheerleader status here. My buddy invited me to go out in the am for the last day of modern gun here, is sure I'd get a doe at least, but decided not to go. The mntn I have to cross at 5:30 am prolly will have freezing rain on it, I still got 3 months to stick 4 deer, want xbow venison, tastes better than gundeer, lol. Come on guys/gals, fill those tags!! [sis boom bah]
Old 11-29-2006, 06:12 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan, thas one bigass scrape. Jason, did you wiz in it? I hope so! Ya gotta hang out there, thirty yards away and spend/invest the time. Even if it takes till next year! Geterdone Jason!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well i got out this moringand winds gusting up to 50 mph, i toted part of ladder stand over to new place. Sunk up to my ankles in mud in bean field and that 1/4 mile hump was tough fer and old fat man! Locked it to a tree, eased out on top of the ridge as it got light. I was just tippin slow as a frozen snail and my new friend girl Miss Bob came face to face again, Thats the third time we have met in them woods! I wonder if'en she is getting a complex yet! Yup i let her go on about her business. Went down into thicket and called with Doe grunt, nothing then i did it by small cospe of brush and watched several min.'s and started on my way. Durn if i hadn't gone 7 or 8 yds. and this Buck jumped out and saw my back and no Doe. I couldn't get on him before he got the brush between us and got into thicket. Twice i have been snookered and this Bucks antlers had character, huge 15" tall spike wid an eyebrow tine on right side and left had same height but big fork and eyebrow tine! Gee i like to harvest the 2 Bucks i have seen in past week![8D]
Old 12-02-2006, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went to my CB stand and it took me about 15 min. to clean all the dirt someone put in it. Then i found they had taken both of the upper climberclip rings that holds the cable around tree. So i moved it to another location and will buy new hardware. I found a scrap, first one i have seen this year. Its about 40yds. from my ladder stand i have halfway put up. Can't put rest up until tomorrow, but i can use my climber. I am on the way to town to get new hardware!
Old 12-02-2006, 12:58 PM
Typical Buck

wow....that is some scrape.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Last few minutes of shooting light left today and I saw a spike buck come out of the thicket in front of my stand. He kept watching behind him from where he has just come from and a BOBCAT came right up to him. He put up his tail, tall and wide and stomped his foot several times at it and the big cat just humped up and walked sideways around him. It was very interesting seeing this and somewhat funny as well. I never had a shot at the big cat or I would have loved to get it. The spike was awesome holding his own on this cat. It made the whole day worth it.
BBO
Old 12-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That must have been neat to see would like to get a shot at a bobcat
he would be mounted on top of my gun cabinet!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the saga goes on. From the trailer i toted top half of ladder stand over to tree, third of a mile.I tried to get it up but ran out of muscle,tired from bringing it over.Then the high school boy came slipping down close to where i was. He was following me and had saw my stand. I followed him and he went to where my climber was, then i knowed it was him that put dirt in my lock and took my clips fer cable. Spect i will end up having a talk to him, don't need to mess my stands up.Heck i would even let him use them on the weekends, i can't be in but one at a time.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a nice doe today,last of muzzle loader today,great feeling!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: coyote170

Got a nice doe today,last of muzzle loader today,great feeling!
Congrats Yote! Backstrap for supper?Had a neck roast myself.

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.