Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it! >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Old 11-19-2006, 05:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Jason, you're a good man!
Old 11-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was to meet two buddies 15 miles on other side of my mountain at 6 am today. Had alarm set for 4:30, woke up at 5:45. Hit the go button on coffee pot [absolute neccessity] went out and loaded 4 wheeler, already had it loaded in garage and ramp on truck. Grabbed the whole pot of coffee and hauled hiney. Got there 10 min late, but no biggie. Got set up before day light and sat there for a good 3 hrs. Had a pressing need, if you get my drift, and decided to pack it in. Got all the goodies on ATV and got back to visitors center at Natl Forest where we parked, and as I loaded atv in truck saw 4 of them run thru the grounds there, going the wrong way thankfully. Felt like I won the lottery just seeing them.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well went out after school on a new property and saw two does.... and a 120 class buck! I decided to pass him because my minimum is atleast 130 on that place because there are some huge bucks
Old 11-21-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see nothing but birds and honkers this morning. I moved last stand over to bean field. Now i have a rifle stand and a CB stand over there. I still have 47 days left to hunt and the rut will be here first week of Dec.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I was in a box blind over apples yesterday afternoon. Saw nada. Woke up at 4 am, got there at 5:45 and bailed out at 1 to go to the dentist(pain was too much). On the way out I saw tracks of a doe, fawn and buck! BUGGER! No wonder I love goose hunting!
Old 11-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Typical Buck

It has been weather from he11 here for two days now. Cold, rainy, tropical force winds, and had to work really hard at work. The worse was the hard work at work part. I could have dealth with the minor weather conditions, but that hard work part just chapps my arse. I mean, why does work suddenly pick up at deer season? Whosefault is it anyway? The buying public? The military? The President's? Whose? It ain't Christmas yet. Plenty of time for shopping. Thanksgiving is for hunting as per tradition. Not Ground Hog's day. No other National Holiday I know of. It's just that companies like to work you hard when deer season gets into full swing. I bet the boss men go into a private room somewhere and laught at us when we are out there slaving away and wanting to go hunting. I ain't fair. It ain't American and I ain't taking it no more! I refuse to work hard any more this YEAR! The rest of this year is for hunting when I jolly dang want to go hunting. If the bosses don't like it, they can kiss my grits and get some illegal alien to do my job. (but I want it back in January) I'm old enough to retire anyway. LOL
BBO
Old 11-22-2006, 07:26 PM

Went hunting with the rifle this morning and saw zip, zilch, nada.[:@] Now Thanksgiving is going to throw a wrench in the hunting
Old 11-25-2006, 07:49 PM
Spike

I had a meeting this morning so after lunch headed for one of the Okla. WMA I hunt often. Anyway I used my climber and was set up by 2:30 and about 4PM saw 2 does headed toward one of the trails that would bring them my way toward the winter wheat. Less than 4 minutes after I saw the 2 does I see a hunter headed my way who obviously didn't see or know I was there. I whistled and he looked around but didn't see me (about 45 yards away & yes I was wearing florucent orange hat & vest) then he started towards me again so I whistled again & he raised his shotgun towards my tree but not at me. Now I have no idea he would aim towards my tree when there wasn't anything there. So I whistled again & he saw me & headed towards the trail the does would have been on.

Oh well it was a beautiful day and the squirrels were very entertaining chasing each other all over. I'll be back tomorrow & maybe it won't be so crowded.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey i went out this morning and sat in my CB stand on new place. Didn't see anything it started to rain, can stand getting wet cept fer bathing and swimming. So i got down and started to explore land, found lots of fresh deer tracks. I eased down the bottom and spotted a female Bobcat, i let her go on about her business. I found 2 other ladder stands so thats where the high school boy hunts! I found some real good trees fer my ladder and climber. I also saw the first Buck of the year, nice heavy mass 17-20" spread about 8 pts. Naw i didn't get a shot on him afore he got the goods on me. So i knowed where he is what he is and now i will get on him like a Duck on a June Bug. Thats means fast and hard! Me and him has an appointment and it won't be long![8D]
Old 11-28-2006, 08:13 PM

Well yesterday was Ohio's regular gun opener so me and dad went to our main spot for the morning hunt. Four hours of hunting and nothing! Did not even see a deer on the drive out! Well we decide to go to the swamp for and evening hunt. We were there at 2 and sat until sunset with nothing! I was really bummed! Well on the walk out the property to the corner of ours has three guys walking out so I stop and talk. They say well you missed all the action! And I was like oh really, not knowing what they were going to say next. They informed me that I missed the pickup truck orange fest by a half hour and that seven guys came and pushed the area and left right before we got there! I was totally pissed! He figured they did not have permission but knowsthat it is not worth arguing for property that is not even his with guys with guns. So we went back out today for an all day hunt and again, nothing! So at lunch time I wondered over to the edge of the pond to look for fresh tracks and came across this massive scrape! I have never seen one this large! And you can tell by the leaves that it had been being worked recently. Its a cell phone pic so sorry if it looks bad but This is the same spot that is in my doe pic a few pages back, it should be on the edge of that pic. He even broke the licking branches off!

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.