Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 String Silencers >

String Silencers

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

String Silencers

Old 04-23-2006, 07:26 PM

Default RE: String Silencers

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I have the Flemish Fast Flite that is Excalibur's best on the Phoenix. In answer to awshucks reply we have some real bad wood duckers and even some wood chuckers. So there fore we should all use alum. or carbon arrows. Then those pests and vermin couldn't duck as in the wood!
No problem. I understand that those boogers must be nervous
Let me know if you want to try one for a more quiet bowand Ill send it to you.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DBVixen

Smokepolehall have you tried the flemish dacron strings yet ? You only loose about 3 to 5 fps and is much more quiet than other strings plus I also like how the string is much more forgiving on the limbs...not that its needed but it seems to work pretty good.
I agree with this 100%. It is lots easier on the bow and the thud of the string is much less sharp. I know that everyone including myself knows if the deer is within 30 yds or less it will never duck the bolt but what if the buck of your life is just around the bend and he hears the fancy string? He may not hear mine. Its a flemish dacron, I have dissapator bars and string silencers. But then maybe I'm being AR. Who knows for sure?
Old 04-24-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went to Excal site and they show either the FFF or the Excal dacron, but On my order sheet it shows a Flemish twist dacron string. Is that the one i need?
Old 04-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Mike, try a flemish dacron, you'll never go back, plus they look very cool. I heard that they are not going to carry them anymore so I think I will buy a few more (I have four new strings tucked away). Mean time I like the regular dacron second best. I think speed of the bolt is a realatively unimportant when you loose so little and you are being kind to your limbs. Just my thoughts.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

SPH: My Danny Miller catalog list 4 strings. Endless dacron, Endless Excel, Flemish Twist Dacron, Flemish Twist Dyna Flight. 1st two are $9 2nd two are $10. I think the last one listed is FFF, but I KNOW the one we've been talkin about as better than FFF is the EXCEL. My FFF have grey and black strings, Excel has green and brown, and I got a third one that has green and black, but it even looks slow in the package, LOL. Actually, it looks like dyed bailing twine. Gonna use it for a choker collar for my dog. The difference in poi at 20 going from fff to excel is four cliks up on scope elevation. And that's on both of my bows. I think you'll like the excel once you try it.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey its time to report on cat whiskers, they be sure hanging in here and keeping the sound down! I received a string from DBVixen its green and black, just put it on bow and will test it out today. I will let my Mrs. listen while i shoot. I knowed she can hear very well cause she be all the time telling me, i hear you mumbling you old !art.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Excel is the quietest of the 3 strings that fits on Phoenix. The exception is fast flite flemish when cat whiskers are installed. So if you put cat whiskers on the Excel it would be quietest again. The dacron flemish string pulled thru after 30 shots so i really couldn't tell how it would place. In all fairness it started off with a twanging sound that was slowly going away as it stretched![&o][&o][:-]