Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 string silencers >

string silencers

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

string silencers

Old 07-06-2005, 04:08 PM

Default string silencers

Does anybody use the sims string leeches on their bow strings? what do you think of them are they worth the little extra money or should i just go with cat whiskers?
Old 07-06-2005, 05:13 PM

Default RE: string silencers

String leeches are great if you don't mind replacing them. Cat wiskers work good too, and they last longer.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have to agree with Zak, leeches are great, but they tend to wear out quickly. Ihave used both, and I prefer cat wiskers myself.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

The sims string leaches are great and do help on string vibration, if they are not in the perfect spot they will need to be replaced and will wear out quickly, I havre had a pair on my outback since march of last year and they are still in great shape...

Whe you install them make sure that they are even with your limb pockets on your bow, they will last a lot longer..
Old 07-07-2005, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

String Leeches work very well , I haven't tried the new version but they look more durable . I also have whiskers on my string just above and below the leeches , I didn't really think that combining them with leeches would make much difference but I could tell . My recurve shoots very quietly .
Old 07-07-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

For a fix on the leeches try the newer ones designed for compound/crossbows. They are much more durable and do just as good a job.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

i've always used whiskers. I don't like the fact that the leeches last only a few hundred shots. the last set of whiskers I had on my bow lasted until I got new strings three years later. cheaper too
Old 07-07-2005, 11:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use the new leeches on all of my bows. I agree that the old ones didn't last long, but the newer ones are much more tough.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have tried all of the versions of the leeches up to the newest models...saucer shaped for crossbows and such. They are supposed to be more durable. All of the others seemed to wear out somewhat quickly...depending on the setup and usage.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep leeches don't last as long as whiskers, but they certainly don't cost very much either. I got rid of my whiskers and don't miss them . The leeches do a better job and the wisker, but then everyone has their own opinion! I just keep extras in my bow case.

Quick Reply: string silencers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.