Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 New Leaf River Digital Trail camera.... >

New Leaf River Digital Trail camera....

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

New Leaf River Digital Trail camera....

Old 09-26-2004, 05:52 AM

Default New Leaf River Digital Trail camera....

Just order one out of Cabela's......this is one sweet looking cam with build in LCD screen.....locking front bar......2 month battery life......they been on back order for months and Cabela's said it was their hottest selling cam on back order.....if you don't know anything about this company...their 35 mm version's have been out a while and have the reputation of being one of the best on the market with a highly recommended track record.....one guy who builds his own said they use the finest components possible and are notch above the rest of competition and if he didn't build his own he would not hesitate to buy one......the new one is only $ 349 with LCD and only $ 299 without screen...but the $ 299 is still out of stock and will be for a month or so according to Cabela's........check it out guys......Jesse's hunting and outdoors will carry then too.......he also has more info. on them.........looks like the best digital cam for the buck.....I'll let ya know.....
Old 09-26-2004, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Leaf River Digital Trail camera....

I have one of their 35mm units and it is a great cam. The only complaint that I have about it is the amount of delay between pics. the max you can set it at is 10 minutes. Since most of our cams are set on or near feeders, we can easily burn an entire roll on a pack of hogs or coons or even deer if they decide to hang out for a while. I can't speak about their digital though.

I've been looking at the trail spy and a new one Isaw in the latest Cabelas catalog.

Trophy Tech Camera

The link runs in frames so you'll have to click on the "scouting camera" link to see it.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:58 PM

Default undefined

undefined
Old 09-26-2004, 02:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: undefined

i got my leaf river at jesses it's a little cheaper there than cabelas. so far i like it

https://www.jesseshunting.com/osComm...roducts_id/371
Old 09-26-2004, 05:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: undefined

I own the 35mm Leaf River, and it has worked great. My next purchase will be the digital version. If I wasnt so worried about theft I would have one already.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:46 PM

Yeah the Trophy cam looks pretty cool too (IR pics a little grainy but useful)......heard of some trail spy owners that didn't care for the generic functions too much.....wish I could test them all.....one can never have too many game cams......lol.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:47 AM

Got mine today......I really like....looks to darn handsome to hang on a tree...lol....love all the neat little features like 4x zoom on pics and self timer to jump in the picture and test cam location....and the LCD screen for viewing pics is a must .....really like it more than my cuddeback I use to have...easy to use controls......with excellent locking bar......comes with tv in out cord as well as the USB cord and c.d. rom.......having too much fun goofing around with it....but will hang it on a tree soon for the real test !!! I like it.
Old 09-29-2004, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i actually don't like the leaf rivers (film). There is a long delay between the time that motion is detected and the picture taken. I realized if i was going to use that camera it would have to be on a salt lick or a food plot where deer are generally standing still. I had pictures of half deer, off centered deer, and just plain blank pictures. My trailtimer photohunter doesn't have a noticeable delay.

I hope the digital is better. It sure sounds good. The battery life sounds great.