Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Amazing How We All Get This Done >

Amazing How We All Get This Done

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Amazing How We All Get This Done

Old 09-28-2004, 07:38 AM

Default Amazing How We All Get This Done

[size=2]I was out practicing this morning and it dawned on me of all the adversity we go thru to be bowhunters. From fixing our equipment, to getting our families to co-operate with our schedules, to scouting the terrain and on and on.
Trully amazing the 1000's of little jobs we do to be effective in the woods.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:07 AM

Default RE: Amazing How We All Get This Done

My friend just got in to bowhunting this summer and he would always say bowhunters are a different breed.....and I agree. It took him a while to get in to it because he didn't know if he could do everything that needs to be done but he's been out there.

He's always commenting on how much work it is and I'm thinking "Wait till you get one". He threw up watching me gut a deer last year. Looking forward to him getting one, not just to watch him squirm with gutting it, just know how proud he'll be. Can't wait.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:55 AM

Like your friend Solax, i myself will be doing all the "Chores", this year if i get one[8D] Thank you for the response.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:02 AM

He's always commenting on how much work it is
Work? This is fun. I love every second from the season ending and late season scouting right up through the following years hunt. I love every second and would give it up for anything. (can you tell I like and prefer to be in the woods)
Old 09-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Boone & Crockett

Full time job getting ready,but then comes the 6 days 10 hours a day in the stand for 6 weeks
Old 09-28-2004, 10:36 AM

ORIGINAL: adams
Work? This is fun. I love every second from the season ending and late season scouting right up through the following years hunt. I love every second and would give it up for anything. (can you tell I like and prefer to be in the woods)
OOPS!!! I hope you meant wouldn't
Old 09-28-2004, 02:26 PM

Maybe work was a poor choice of words. Effort would be better. I love the "effort" too. Putting up stands takes me back to when I was a kid building tree forts. And when you do get one all the "effort" involved makes it so satisfying.

Good luck to all who expended the effort this year.
Old 09-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anything that has to do with hunting I think is fun. My friends dad always says that all the gimmicks i buy won't make me a better hunter. I know they won't but there fun to look at and have. This may sound funny but I love wasting money on hunting stuff even if I don't need it. I even get excited well washing my hunting stuff in scent free stuff!
Old 09-28-2004, 08:05 PM

Maybe this small poll on what it takes to be a good bowhunter ,as well as, the secret ingredient is plain old FUN??
This sounds so right to me too!
Good luck to you all this season and lets be careful out there.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Catbones,Do you hunt public land?You live in a good county,to hunt in.Good luck this Friday.Bill D>

Quick Reply: Amazing How We All Get This Done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.