Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

leaf river digital camera

Old 01-16-2005, 08:45 PM

Default leaf river digital camera

hey everyone this is my first post on here and i really like the board anyway. i got a leaf river digital cam for xmas. does anyone have one? i would like to see some pics taken with it. i did some test photos and they seemed to be real white like a glair? also when i went to check it today it had counted 71 evens but no pics? i must of left the cam pw swithch on? i really like it but the manual didn't explain much does anyone know much about them?
thanks
Old 01-17-2005, 08:30 AM

Default RE: leaf river digital camera

I also have one of these cams and have not had any luck yet. i've only checked it once so for but I had nothing don't know if nothing had cam by or I don't have it set wright.If anybody has any suggestion
Old 01-17-2005, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Leaf River is quickly becoming the most popualr digital trail cam! It's a great system and I assure you that the cam's strong point is taking pics wih true natural color and not "white" or "washed out" like the Cuddebacks and other cams.

Old 01-17-2005, 06:18 PM

i did a search on hear and saw that adjusting the EV to a lower leval will make the whitness go away. another questions is can i view the pics directly on the camera? it says you can but i havn't figured it out
Old 01-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Simply use you toggle exterior switch to turn off the unit and then open. Now, turn the toggle switch back ON. Wait until the icons on the menu start to blink in a few seconds. When the icon blinks you can then press the CAM PWR button on the left. When you press this button you will see that tiny red light above the cameras scroll menu button will blink once. ONce the CAM PWR button is pressed that first time you will be able to press the DISPLAY or the PREVIEW button on the camera. Pix will appear from the last taken and allow you to scroll back through your pics. The unit will also allow you to zoom up to 3x on each pic. It really is a very simply process.
Old 01-18-2005, 12:45 PM

Hmmmm...Got A Non Tpical Deer cam DC200 For Christmas... I Think I Need One Of These To... I Was Gonna Get Cuddleback For My Next Cam But I Like This One
Old 01-18-2005, 12:46 PM

How Is This Cam In -0 F Weather?
Old 01-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

My buddy Steve is running one right now up in MN and says it works just fine. Here's one of his recent pics.... hope that cold doesn't effect that exposed backstrap..... kinda freaky??? [&:]