Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 leaf river digital trail cam >

leaf river digital trail cam

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

leaf river digital trail cam

Old 06-06-2005, 11:15 AM

Default leaf river digital trail cam

I was interested in buying a new trail cam and was considering buy a leaf river. I was wondering how they were and if it was worth the extra money to have the viewing screen? Thanks
Old 06-06-2005, 03:49 PM

Default RE: leaf river digital trail cam

I like the viewing screen just for set up purposes. You really can't see alot of detail in the small pictures in the screen. The Leaf River is definatley a good purchase. 2 weeks ago I got 150 pictures. Last week I got 244 pictures. And it cost me NOTHING to develop. I just put them on my computer.
Old 06-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just got one today can't wait to try it out .I kind of like the viewing screen .its going to take me a little time to figure out all the buttons.Put it out in the back to test it out and see what comes by.The deer come through almost daily
Old 06-06-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are the best cams I've tried and my trail cam picture collection from the Leaf Rivers are as impressive as anyones I've ever seen posted. They work great, take a high quality image and have 2+ month battery life good for hundreds and hundreds of great pics! Their new Infared model should be a great cam! I would liike to try one of these this year as well.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:12 PM

Thanks for the info. I was also wondering what type of batteries it uses.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

IL-Cornfed,

Your trail cam picture posts definately have been impressive. I am very interested in the digital infared model as well. The infared takes the place of a flash? correct? This type of technology is intreging more for my personal peace of mind than anything. One other question; Do you know how loud the digital infareds are?

Thanks in advance for any more info regarding the digitals infared cameras! I'll run a search but would rather here it from someone who has first hand knowledge.

Thanks again,

Shed
Old 06-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've not had much luck with mine--but I must admit the 'daytime' pictures are pretty good--but I do have some concerns with the night pictures
The battery life on the thing is quite an advantage over some other cameras I've used--but like I've said the quality of my night pictures leaves a lot to be desired.

I've been corresponding with "Snoogsdad" who has spent quite some time testing Trail cameras and also has a web page showing results of his test. http://www.whitetaildeer-management-...ra-review.html
I'm sure he will be very willing to answer any questions you may have as he's been leading me in the right direction and I'm pretty close to switching to another trail camera, which he recommends.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/quote]
The infared takes the place of a flash? correct? This type of technology is intreging more for my personal peace of mind than anything. One other question; Do you know how loud the digital infareds are?
Yes the system is indeed flashless. Not a chance of game spooking flash. Also, just like the other digis, the infared model is said to be totally silent. The LR model takes Black & White pics at night for even better contrast than the green offered by some. It's gonna be a great cam!
Old 06-07-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

When is the infared model available and do you know how much ? i know your friend sells them so i thought you might have some of the details about it.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

The IR's will be available THIS month and will sell for around $300. I'll keep ya posted when my buddy Mike gets some in. Speaking of my buddy Mike, he just caught his first fawn pic of the spring on one of his LR DC-2's.

Quick Reply: leaf river digital trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.