Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Hunting Gear Discussion
 Leaf River Trail-Cam....digital >

Leaf River Trail-Cam....digital

Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Leaf River Trail-Cam....digital

Old 08-23-2004, 09:38 PM

Default Leaf River Trail-Cam....digital

After a few months of researching the various trail-cams, and deciding that a digital would be the way to go, I have ordered the Leaf River. I really was sold on the resolution selection as well as the field scan & delete features.
Here is the front/rear view of the unit:

Leaf River Digital Trail Scan™ Scouting Camera with Viewing Screen
No more suspenseful waits - this digital scouting camera gives you instant picture display on a 1.6" LCD screen. The display screen has a 1X to 4X digital zoom and gives you the option to delete unwanted pictures immediately. Select low, medium or high resolution settings: low is 1.3 megapixel, medium is 2.1 megapixel and high gives you a possible 4-megapixel resolution with the use of software interpolation. Internal memory stores up to 50 still pictures, and you can even choose to record three or 90-second video clips. Unit also records date and time of 300 events. Infrared motion-detection system has a sensitivity adjustment. Can be set to take one, two or three pictures before entering adjustable pause setting (1-60 minutes). Oversized flash for increased nighttime range. Day, night or 24-hour operation. Pictures are displayed with date and time. The housing is gasket-sealed and includes a steel mounting bracket and steel bar for mounting and securing the unit. Battery-strength icons help you keep track of battery life. Camera accepts Compact Flash Cards for memory expansion (not included). TV Out connection port for viewing pictures on a TV. Also includes USB cable for computer compatibility, RCA cable and picture-editing software.
Camo pattern: Mossy Oak® Break-Up
Old 08-24-2004, 12:21 PM

Default RE: Leaf River Trail-Cam....digital

Problem solved;post deleted....
Old 08-25-2004, 04:38 AM

This the one I have my eye on too....when I order my first digital....pretty sure after 6 months of researching it too......the leaf river will be the one.....if its near as good as its 35 mm which is one of the best out there.......it should be the best bang for the buck.....just wish it had a L.C.D. screen on the front but with that locking hardware who cares.....man it sweet.....let us know when you get it and how you like it please !!!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:14 AM

I doubt you will get it soon.They are having manufacturing problems with this unit.Probably wont show up until around they end of Sept.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:11 PM

Cabelas assured me there is no problems with this unit. Order will be in and shipped Thursday-8/26....They were just sold out!
Old 08-25-2004, 07:42 PM

Hey swampbird thats good news.I did not mean to say that they were having problems with the unit but a few parts they need to complete the cams was not suppossed to make it to USA until mid sept. and then they had to finish assembly but sounds like cabelas has a handle on this.Post up some pics when you get it...
Old 08-26-2004, 03:46 PM

UPDATE: The Leaf River won't be ready for shipment, until Sept.10.... Leaf River is awaiting parts. Lady stated that the Trail Cams are hard to keep in stock and all cams are going through a waiting period, off and on. The Leaf River's are the hottest selling Cams.
Now, if it will be Sept.10 with 6 days shipping, I'll expect it around mid-Sept. (16th)
Good things come to those who wait! I'm waiting....
Old 08-26-2004, 09:13 PM

Man I hate being right all the time....
Old 08-29-2004, 05:12 AM

Do they tell you what the temp range is??
You should check that ,a few of them wont take pics below 32
Old 09-01-2004, 11:59 AM

Temperature Range would be the batteries' ability to function in cold weather and has nothing to do with the camera. Some batteries may function at lower temps than others, but they're all subject to a cold weather limit.
SC won't get cold enough to worry about frozen batteries, I hope....

Quick Reply: Leaf River Trail-Cam....digital

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.