Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SPIRIT OF  THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW? >

SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Old 07-11-2004, 10:26 PM

Default RE: SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Good ol Nuge.

Personally, I don't care what the guy does for the sport, I don't like him. He portrays all hunters as blood thirsty mad-men that want nothing more than to kill an animal. My parents were at an elk expo here in PA last year and Ted was speaking. My parents were sitting beside a man with his mentally retarded child and while talking, Nuge kept talkin about how "this is retarded" and "that is retarded". My parents were both offended by this, and as they said, Ted should think before he speaks.

Now, as far as Teds show, pretty boring. It seems to be a huge, huge, huge commercial pushing Magnus broadheads, the YO Ranch, Scent-Lok, Renegade bows, Snake-Skin Illusion Camo, Northstar Treestands, Simms Vibration Labratory, ect... need I go on?

Now, as far as the rest of todays t.v. shows go, I agree with Jeff, they are all about money. There are a select few that are educational such as "Get In The Game" but this is pretty much just for land-improvement!

One of my favorite "hunting shows" is North American Whitetail because it features the H.S. guys and they actually have a good time while keeping it in control. Just today I saw Pat Reeve hunting and he had a doe below him, so he started spraying his scent killer down on her just because it was funny. Kinda reminded me of something I would do
Old 07-12-2004, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think Ted's show, and many hunting shows in general, are not portraying hunting as it is for the majority of us. Very rarely do they have to track an animal very far, even when a bad (we've all seen some horrible) shot is made. I quit watching "Spirit of the Wild" after seeing the episode with the whole band piled into a "slaughter house". There were at least eight people (I won't say hunters) in there, including his daughter, wife, son, and band members. They were acting like fools, flashing hands signs and making faces at the camera. They passed around a high powered rifle, and took turns shooting up the "petting zoo". Some, most, of the animals were so used to the shooting, that they barely flinched at the shots. A white tail doe ran through the "crowd" after being hit way high in the shoulder and, some of her "dinner mates" never even looked up when she nearly ran into them. That was the last time I watched. There are many other shows I won't watch, not all hunting. But many of these so called "hunting" shows are a real joke. I can hear the call. "Hey Great Hunter, we got this biggun' patterned for ya. Come kill 'im and do your video/editing magic. Just mention "Dumb Buck's" guide service and how great we are, and he's yours. By the way, we brushed in the fence, and the corn piles you can edit out." Don't get me wrong, I see some shows that I feel are pretty good. But the shows have gone more and more in the direction of what brings in the dollars.

liquidorange:
do we really have to have all hunting shows about teaching the hows and whys? cant we just watch a show for its entertainment value.
I guess my idea of what's entertaining is a little different. There's a big difference between "hunting" and "killing".
Old 07-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for the show much but I like how he stands up for hunters. I'm glad he's on our side.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:08 PM

Unlike some of you country boys . . . I was raised on ole Ted. I think it is great to see someone with such passion and feelings. We need more guys like him. I would be damn proud to have him visit my ranch and spend a day.

Sure is nice we all live in a free country and we all respect each others rights and freedoms of speech, thoughts and opinions.

Dr Kill . . .perhaps you might consider directing some of your anger at the Anti hunter rather than someone who is working with your interests in mind.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unlike some of you country boys . . .
Duh..... we have radios, electricity, all that here in the sticks.
I would be damn proud to have him visit my ranch and spend a day.
Just hope he doesn't bring the band and a rifle.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

/quote-pgd 5oh)
I guess my idea of what's entertaining is a little different. There's a big difference between "hunting" and "killing".
-- I WAS REFERING TO THE CLIPS OF HIS PLAYING IN A BAND WHICH I LOVE AND THE COUNTLESS TIME HE PUTS INTO GIVING SPEECHES AT FUNCTIONS THAT HE PUTS ON SOME OF THE SHOWS. DUGH!!!!![8D] NOW STRAP YOUR DEER TO THE HOOD AND GET OVER IT
Old 07-12-2004, 03:24 PM

YES!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:07 PM

"My wife thinks he's an idiot, but she's no into that whole hunting thing."

I've tried making this point some time ago but I got flamed something fierce. The fact that we are trying to portray a good image to non hunters. He obviously doesn't do that...in fact he does just the opposite and causes more harm than good.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

oj:
I WAS REFERING TO THE CLIPS OF HIS PLAYING IN A BAND WHICH I LOVE AND THE COUNTLESS TIME HE PUTS INTO GIVING SPEECHES AT FUNCTIONS THAT HE PUTS ON SOME OF THE SHOWS. DUGH!!!!! NOW STRAP YOUR DEER TO THE HOOD AND GET OVER IT
Sorry I didn't read between your imaginary lines. Maybe you've been watching MTV, or the Twilight Zone.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

THE COUNTLESS TIME HE PUTS INTO GIVING SPEECHES AT FUNCTIONS THAT HE PUTS ON SOME OF THE SHOWS. DUGH!!!!!
I spose these are free functions oh no thats right you have to pay to go to one of his shows.

Ted is all about money nothing more.

Quick Reply: SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.