Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 SPIRIT OF  THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW? >

SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Old 07-07-2004, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

HELLO, NOW DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE THE NUGE MAN, BUT HIS SHOW WITH HIS 10 MINUTE GUITAR SOLO IN IT SUCKS, I KNOW HE IS A SMART MAN BUT SOMETIMES HE GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND HE HUNTS ON ALL THE RANCHES, IM NOT TO BIG ON SHOWS THAT HUNT RANCHES WITH ALL SPECIES OF ANIMALS ON IT, IMPORTED EXT, I THINK MD. IS THE ONLY STATE IN THE US THAT HAS SIKA DEER IN THE WILD YET I SEE TED SHOOT ONE OUT OF HIS STAND AND TEN MINUTES LATER OUT OF THE SAME STAND SHOOTS SOME DANG EXOTIC ANIMAL, I DONT KNOW WERE IM GOING WITH THIS BUT I LIKE SHOWS LIKE PRIMOS, ALOT BETTER AND ROAD TRIPS

JUST MY OP, I COULD BE WRONG
Old 07-07-2004, 03:34 PM

Default RE: SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

His show isn't one of my favorites either, so you know what I do? I choose not to watch. Simple as that.

But at least it's a hunting show filling up that time slot. It could be worse.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:40 PM
Fork Horn

I guess some of the spirit of the wild shows are ok,no comparison to Primos and better than some shows I've seen.If I can't find nothing else I will watch spirit of the wild or put in a huntin video.
Elkshed
Old 07-07-2004, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can think of a few specific things I don't like that involve the outdoors and hunting. But do I come on here and make post specifically to bash them...no. I can understand voicing your opinion if someone asks on a thread but If everybody starts post stating everything they dislike then these boards won't be much fun. Now Ted hunts a lot of ranches but he also hunts a lot of free range animals. You cannot hunt Michigan or Texas Deer all year around so you have to go to ranches if you want to hunt out of season. Ted has the Money and opportunities to hunt year around. I bet free range animals are more rewarding to hunt, but If I was rich and had the option to hunt a 2000 acre fenced in area all year around I would do that in the off season. Keep in mind he needs to shoot enough to fill a whole season of episodes.
Old 07-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

DR Kill! I have to agree that I don't specificaly care for these guy's hunting ranch's ,i think it takes enjoyment away from these show's .Ted's not the only one who does it so I can also see where the Nuge is coming from ,in order for these guy's to fill a whole season of show's they have to hunt somewhere. I don't think that I would enjoy hunting if I knew every time i went out that I knew I would harvest an animal ,I guess it all boil's down to these guy's entertaining us . I'm not bashing any of these guy's they have to log the film in order to make us other hunters happy when the seaon is over .

nubo
Old 07-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Personally, I think the guy is weird and I don't care for the shows either. Therefore, I never watch them, though as I flip through the channels, I see a clip every once in awhile, and it reminds me why i don't watch it. I don't know who the target audience is, but i guess kids or gen x'ers.
Old 07-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Fork Horn

i like his entertaining personaliy and do watch it once in a while, but it is like one big infomercial, with all the gadgets he haucks (sp)
Old 07-07-2004, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll agree he is a little WILD but he does do a lot of fighting for hunters rights so he cant be that bad!!!

I watch the Outdoor channel ALOT!!! And there is a lot of but wipes on that outdoor channel. Most of these guys wouldn't make a pimple on my !@#!!!!!
Old 07-07-2004, 09:20 PM

I have a hard time watching the Nuge. He's a great hunting advocate, but sometimes wonder if his over the top, in your face attitude does more damage than it does good?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:22 PM

I like the show, and I enjoy when they hunt for exotic animals. I would rather watch them hunt for some african game, then watch them shoot some little dink 4 point whitetail buck. Some times Ted gets alittle annoying but I wouldnt mind hunting with him.

And just so you know, not all the ranches that Ted hunts on are high fenced. In central Texas exotic animals (axis, fallow, rams, aoudad) run freely, just like the native whitetail deer. In Kerr county, there is said to be more free ranging axis deer then free ranging whitetail deer. Alot of these exotic animals are decendents of animals that were imported back in the 40's, 50's, and 60's.

Overall I like Ted's show, and I would much rather see that on when I flip it to the outdoor channel, then see the commercial for the foodsaver. That commercial is getting old.

Quick Reply: SPIRIT OF THE WILD A WASTE OF A SHOW?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.