Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 30% of hunters fall out of their treestands >

30% of hunters fall out of their treestands

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

30% of hunters fall out of their treestands

Old 04-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 30% of hunters fall out of their treestands

Been bowhunting since 1966, no falls yet. The treestand people say it's not "will" you fall but "when" you will fall. I began using safety straps a couple of years ago but I guess I'm ready to try using the full harness now. I still feel that I can get out of trouble if I find myself there but I suddenly realize that it's pretty stupid to chance not being able to hunt any more just to be macho.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:39 PM

I fell out of one we I was a teen. Not hunting but taking it down after the season. Fell about ten feet flat on my back. OUCH! knocked the breath out of me is all it did. I landed right next to a log and a stob. Thank God I didn't land on one those.

I sure wear my safety belt these days. I have a brother that I constantly have to tell him to wear his, but he won't do it. He has a Summit and thinks there is no way he can fall out. He will not listen. I hope it doesn't cost him.
Old 04-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I fell on the way down while climbing down from a fixed position stand once about 4 years ago. Since then I've been using the ascender and rope assembly on all of my fixed position stands.

To each his own but I cringe every time I hear someone say they don't use a harness. I'm pretty resiliant, but I found out the day that I fell that I don't bounce well when I hit the ground.

Thud.

ooooooooh.