Community
Hunting Gear Discussion Clothing, stands, ATV's, optics, scents, calls, etc... read the latest reviews of hot new hunting gear items here.

Hunters View Treestands

Old 10-10-2005, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Hunters View Treestands

What do you all think of the Hunters View treestands? I was thinking about the 15' Trophy WhiteTail ladder stand or the Silver Bighorn Ram fixed position. What do you guys think of these? What one do you suggest? I was leaning tward the ladder. I like ladder stands. Also, they have great prices. www.so-outdoors.com
Old 10-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunters View Treestands

Hunter's View stands? The stands they sell in Dick's Sporting Goods, etc???? They are okay for a lmited budget. They are made in China and are all steel (steel = heavy) and prone to bang/clang unless tightly secured to a pack.

Thenew type of ladder/hangon/hybrid stand that I have seen get real good reviews is from API. It's a newfangled retractable ladder style stand from Bass Pro Shops called an API Retractable Packmaster:

If I didn't have a Summit Viper X4 and if I didn't want a climber, this is the stand that I would seriously look at.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

Doesn't the Packmaster only go up about 12 feet ? I'd almost bet that it would rattle a bit after a few set ups too. It looks very secure though .

I've looked at several brands of ladder stands lately , and I'm finding it harder to fault buying Hunters View . I have 2 of their climbers , and while not the lightest or best looking they do the job well . Their products in general are of decent quality for the small amout of money they cost . I've especially been looking at their Buddy series ladderstands for hunting with my grandkids here at home .
Old 10-10-2005, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

i bought a bunch of the cougar 15 foot ladder stands. they were 25$ on clearance at dicks. the foot platforms are too small but for a cheapo i leave it out locked up.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kevin1
Doesn't the Packmaster only go up about 12 feet ? I'd almost bet that it would rattle a bit after a few set ups too. It looks very secure though .
Kevin,

I found a site that has a better description of it, than Bass Pro... Check this out. Ittelescopes out all the way up to 17' feet! Click in this hyperlink:

http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp?im=API300&d=API_Outdoors_Grandstand_T elescoping_Packmaster_Treestand

Old 10-11-2005, 09:38 AM

I own about 10 of the hunters view treestand myself. I purchased the 2 man stand for about 100 bucks from walmart with the 4' extension bringing the stand to 16'. I found them to be very good and confortable to sit in. With a 2 man stand of course they are not very mobile and require two people to set up, but if you want a roomy comfortable stand for a great price it can't be beat. If you want portability buy a summit climber. As for noise once it it is attached to the tree properly it makes no noise.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:32 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ButchA

ORIGINAL: kevin1
Kevin,

I found a site that has a better description of it, than Bass Pro... Check this out. Ittelescopes out all the way up to 17' feet! Click in this hyperlink:

http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp?im=API300&d=API_Outdoors_Grandstand_T elescoping_Packmaster_Treestand

Thanks Butch ! I didn't know they had more than one version , the one I saw was in the Cabela's catalog and only went 12 feet . At 24 pounds it's 2 lbs lighter than one of my climbers , ironically a Hunter's View .
Old 10-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

So do you think I should get one? I might get the 2 man for my dad and I or the 15' trophy whitetail.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:58 PM
Spike

pse, I have the buddy stand for my son and I and it is great. Roomy and comfy for two. Yes it's heavy , but once set up you can't beat it for the price
Old 10-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

i have some hunters view stands as well. i cant complain about them for the price. and im sure ill buy more of them now that walmart is cheap on price.