Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

deer drives

Old 11-07-2003, 09:46 AM

Default deer drives

how should you set up a deer drive? how many people should you invovle? Where should the hunter sit and where should you start at? I live in illiniois in calhoun county with rolling hills and tons of fields. I hope someone can help me out i plan to have some during bowhunting and shotgun hunting. My uncle is paralyzed and we get him to hunt and we need to get him a deer this year. He already has three real nice wallhangers before he got hurt but hasnt had one yet. Someone help me out Thanx
Ghillie 86
Old 11-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: deer drives

The number of drivers depends on the terrain, you want enough drivers to where they are close enough together to allow them to see each other, both for saftey and to keep a deer from slipping through. You want the stander down wind from the deer in a tight funnel area, the drivers should should be up wind of the deer and not make a lot of noise, but just moving at a casual pace, you do not want the deer to panic, you want them simply moving/sneaking out. Great thing you all are doing for your uncle, good luck.