Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 *** A Direct Comparison of CAMO !! (PICTURES)*** >

*** A Direct Comparison of CAMO !! (PICTURES)***

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

*** A Direct Comparison of CAMO !! (PICTURES)***

Old 09-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: *** A Direct Comparison of CAMO !! (PICTURES)***

You have to factor in the camo being used in a tree stand. In that case, the ASAT would provide the desired effect.

The mossy oak seems (to me) to look better only in the shadows. When a deer looks up at you, which is the moment of truth, the ASAT would most likely be the winner.

Thanks, Matt.
Old 09-27-2003, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don' t own any of the ASAT but think it' s out of it' s element on the ground.
David, actually you couldn' t be more wrong....would you agree that turkeys see better than deer? I would hope you think that way, now while fall bowhunting I was walking a logging road to a stand, I saw the turkeys coming over the rise and froze...the turkeys walked the same road and passed me within 2 feet while I stood still with bow against my chest....I was so amazed and this was in ASAT without the 3D leaf effect. I' ve had deer closer to me on the ground while wearing ASAT than any other camo.......

NOW, I might agree with some of you about humans picking ASAT out in a green enviroment..., I' m not hiding from humans but our military does and it works, however animals never will in comparison to all camo' s on the market....and I know that' s a broad statement to make but like I said, I' ve worn them all and I know what works.....yes, movement is the key but I promise you, you' ll get away with more movement than your accustom to while wearing ASAT over all other camos produced....I guarantee it and so does Chuck at ASAT.
Old 09-27-2003, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am a hardcore sport atv rider. I own a Yamaha Raptor, and as a owner of a Raptor...on most atv forums, I defend my quad more then any other quad owner. Raptor owners are supposedly defensive and very hateful when someone bash' s a Raptor.

But you ASAT guys are 100% worse then any Raptor owner about defending a product. Espically when the Mossy Oak and Skyline definetly defeat the ASAT in the pictures that were posted. I' m not saying that ASAT was bad or the worse, but it was definetly beaten. Hands down, the Realtree was absolutely horrible...and the ASAT probaly came in 3rd out of the 5. JMO
Old 09-28-2003, 06:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

HCBF.

I tell you what you might like the MO/RT or what ever but do they offer to buy back their camo if you wear it for one year yes thats one full year and dont see more game?

Have you ever called MO/RT or any other camo maker and actually talk to one of the owners?
Will they personally guarrentee your money back if you are not 100% happy?

Call ASAT and you will either talk to Tim or Chuck 2 of the owners and both damn nice guys.

Yes we might get defensive and so we should when people come on and say that stuff is crap and wont work.

I have worn ASAT on 3 continants and it works on every one of them.
I have been hunting for 42 years and I have like Rob tried all the camo and ASAT is the only one that has work in every place all the time no matter what the season.

Would you trust MO or Rt to get within 10 yards of a 2000 pound Water Buffalo knowing full well that if you get busted your history.
I trusted ASAT and I got my buffalo.
Old 09-28-2003, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes we might get defensive and so we should when people come on and say that stuff is crap and wont work.
I can some what relate to how you feel. I hear crap all the time at 3-d shoots and sometimes on the message boards about how my cam 1/2 is crap and real men shoot mathews. You just have to be more of a man then them, let it go in one ear and out the other..... then show them the final score when its all said and done. Hold that rack high and proud when you post it. I look forward to seeing it.

I do agree the ASAT looked good but my top vote goes to
skyline
ASAT
mosssy oak
natural gear
realtree
Old 09-28-2003, 07:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am a hardcore sport atv rider. I own a Yamaha Raptor, and as a owner of a Raptor...on most atv forums, I defend my quad more then any other quad owner. Raptor owners are supposedly defensive and very hateful when someone bash' s a Raptor.

But you ASAT guys are 100% worse then any Raptor owner about defending a product. Espically when the Mossy Oak and Skyline definetly defeat the ASAT in the pictures that were posted. I' m not saying that ASAT was bad or the worse, but it was definetly beaten. Hands down, the Realtree was absolutely horrible...and the ASAT probaly came in 3rd out of the 5. JMO
The difference is, you don' t have a Suzuki, Polaris, Honda, Arctic Cat and a Yamaha Raptor sitting in your garage to compare to and claim the Raptor is the best......I have Mossy Oak, I have Realtree, I have Predator, I have Woodland, I have Truwoods, I have ASAT and hands down, ASAT has proven to make me invisible to the game around me, I' ve never gotten away with the movement, ground stalking and more with all the other camo' s like I do ASAT.....

You think your Raptor is the best ATV, I know ASAT is the best camo, proven time and time again and the science behind it is fact, not fiction....can' t argue with field proven results...period.

Yeah, the others will work, they did for me, but no where near the way ASAT has....
Old 09-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

Me and my wife both agree that the mossy oak and skyline where the best.
Old 10-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-12-2003, 05:07 PM

we did the same here ... but hunt in the corn fields and cattails...
moosy oak to me has always been to dark, nat gear needs some line like asat or predator camo the I think it would do real well...advantge timber would do well.
I also believe in cottons that can " soften" after time.
Good job dont stop thinking least we may get smater then the people that tell us what to wear and do....
thanks
Old 10-13-2003, 03:11 PM

Another vote for Skyline with a definite #2 for ASAT.

Quick Reply: *** A Direct Comparison of CAMO !! (PICTURES)***

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.