Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Rage FINALY! >

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

And you've shot those arrows through a chronongraph? Or are ya just kinda "guessing" that they are going 304fps? Kinda hoping that they're going that fast!
Old 08-05-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
Woops my bad that was supposed to be 304FPS...i have fat fingers lol....
Ok Tony, let me let you in on a little "SECRET!!!" That Stinger is rated for 296 - 304 fps. NONE of the bow companies actually ever meets their "rated" speed, Hoyt is alot of times close, but they still fall a little short, because we all put peeps and nock-sets or loops on our strings, and then the speed drops.

That rating is for a 30"draw and an arrow weighing exactly 350grs. shot out of a bow at 70#, so if you're not a 30" draw(or longer), it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get that 304fps(which that bow is not really going to shoot anyhow). Now you can tell your friends in 8th grade at Milwaukee Middle school your bow shoots 304fps, and they are all going to be impressed, but if you come here and spew that, the MEN here are going to laugh at you, mock you, or educate you, or maybe all 3. If you learn nothing from this drawn out thread, learn at LEAST this much.....BOWS don't really shoot what they are "RATED" for. Now would be a good time to step away from the keyboard, and just use the mouse so you can click and read, and get a touch more educated. You can be one of those people Swampcollie refers to or you can be someone that spent a bunch of time on a website and actually learned something that improved the archer and hunter that you are.

Last edited by OHbowhntr; 08-05-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Fork Horn

shoot it through a chrono i bet your only getting 210 at the most. probably more like 190.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OHbowhntr
Ok Tony, let me let you in on a little "SECRET!!!" That Stinger is rated for 296 - 304 fps. NONE of the bow companies actually ever meets their "rated" speed, Hoyt is alot of times close, but they still fall a little short, because we all put peeps and nock-sets or loops on our strings, and then the speed drops.

That rating is for a 30"draw and an arrow weighing exactly 350grs. shot out of a bow at 70#, so if you're not a 30" draw(or longer), it would be IMPOSSIBLE to get that 304fps(which that bow is not really going to shoot anyhow). Now you can tell your friends in 8th grade at Milwaukee Middle school your bow shoots 304fps, and they are all going to be impressed, but if you come here and spew that, the MEN here are going to laugh at you, mock you, or educate you, or maybe all 3. If you learn nothing from this drawn out thread, learn at LEAST this much.....BOWS don't really shoot what they are "RATED" for. Now would be a good time to step away from the keyboard, and just use the mouse so you can click and read, and get a touch more educated. You can be one of those people Swampcollie refers to or you can be someone that spent a bunch of time on a website and actually learned something that improved the archer and hunter that you are.

Real mature for a "man" like yourself to talk to a young bowhunter like this. Maybe you should step away from the keyboard because comments like this to a 8th grader? makes you sound like you might be a 7th grader
Old 08-05-2009, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

annika, would ya rather just have every body shake our heads in a agreement with him, even though time and time again people pointed out that what he was saying couldn't in any way shape or form be true. Would you rather he go through life fibbing at every turn, while trying to "fit in". Or is it better to give him a stern piece of advise in hopes that he learns that pullin' the wool over his buddys eyes can be done from time to time, but in the real world, it ain't gonna get him any where. It is better to speak the truth, only when you know the truth, then it is to beleive you know the truth and speak the un-truth.
I think OHbowhnter's advice was well spoken.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll add....

If the Rage co. would invite their customers to bring in their bow/arrows when they come to purchase thier heads (from bow shops)......they could make it attractive (what's a few bucks/heads?) to the shop owners to offer some advice on setups. The shop owners would win.....because they'd certainly get additional sales from their investment, when guys needed their setups tweaked. They'd also sell more arrows, if the marriage between bow/arrow wasn't correct. My gut feeling is they'd sell more accessories, also (sights; strings; cables; rests; etc..., etc..., etc...).
The problem with this is that most people think they know everything. They really don't want real advice. They simply want you to agree with them and when you don't their egos get hurt. Far too many of them aren't smart enough to know how to adjust the draw weight on their bows but will fight you tooth and nail and tell you that their bow is in tune because they brought it to the shop and the pro tuned it for them.

And for proof of what I just typed I introduce to you SwampCollie.
I have made a lot of money selling Rage broadheads. And even more money off the 75% or so of those same people who have come back in this year telling me how bad those things suck. No passthroughs.... opening up ON THE DRAW... opening in flight.... too many issues. The things are absolutely awesome when you can get them to the target intact.... but for your average, excitable, somewhat clumsy bowhunter.... it is far too much to fool with to have to set blades and set bands and all that. I have to explain fractions and division to people on a daily basis (I taught a man today that if 100 vanes cost $20.... then they are 20 cents a piece. He had to ask me this four times.... when he found some tiger stripped ones for $30.... I thought his head was going to explode). I digress.
I go through the same thing day in and day out. With not only archery customers but gun customers as well.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Windwalker7
I have no dog in this fight but I'd like to make a comment.

Think of all the Celebs that endorse this head. There they are with there reputation on the line. Their income depends on their success.

They shoot game on camera for the world to see. Despite whether they get extra attention from outfitters or free hunts, it doesn't make a difference when it comes down to how that broadhead performs (on camera)

You got a guy like Chuck Adams that has credentials that far surpass anyone on this forum. He has always put down mechanicals from day one. He's wrote many articles advising against mechanicals. Yet, he now endorses the Rage.

Some might say he got a lot of money to say that, but I doubt it. If he was that money hungry, someone would have had him endorsing their product a long time ago. Besides, his reputation is on the line. I believe he has an untarnished reputation thus far.

I don't use Rage BH, I actually use Slick Tricks currently, but I have used other mechanicals in the past. Even then, the heads I was using got a lot of similar comments, yet they performed great for me.

Just my .02

Remember something... "everybody has a price" chuck adams just happens to be able to name his...

Last edited by Mr. Longbeard; 08-05-2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Howler
annika, would ya rather just have every body shake our heads in a agreement with him, even though time and time again people pointed out that what he was saying couldn't in any way shape or form be true. Would you rather he go through life fibbing at every turn, while trying to "fit in". Or is it better to give him a stern piece of advise in hopes that he learns that pullin' the wool over his buddys eyes can be done from time to time, but in the real world, it ain't gonna get him any where. It is better to speak the truth, only when you know the truth, then it is to beleive you know the truth and speak the un-truth.
I think OHbowhnter's advice was well spoken.

Telling a kid that he is going to be laughed at and mocked is good advice? Come on, you can't be serious.

NO WHERE is it ok to laugh at and mock a kid. I Can really see the maturity level with comments like this.

I think you both need to go back to grade school and learn a few things. NEVER laughing at or mocking other kids is right at the top of the list of things I'm teaching my young daughters at home.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old enough to hunt and kill an animal is old enough to be able to handle everything that has been said in this thread.
Old 08-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who is this "kid" you guys speak of?
Tony is a grown, married man!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.