Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Shot the Rage FINALY! >

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the Rage FINALY!

Old 08-06-2009, 05:44 PM
Typical Buck

After reading through eleven pages of this thread, and yes I read every post, I've come to a few observations and have at least one question.

1) I think some, not all by any means, hunters who use or want to use Rages are more attracted to these blades because of the "look at this hole" factor.
2) Other users or future users seem to be attracted by the possibility of a bigger blood trail to track and thus better chance for finding their game.
3) This argument seems to be getting no where whatsoever.

The question I have is this....Why do those of you who don't use, and don't want use, Rages fight so hard to convince those who do want to use them not to? There's really only one right answer here, and I'm wondering how many know it.

While I'm observing....GMMATT, you continuously spew a battery of numbers and information that is almost overwhelming. While I'm sure that there are many here that "know their sh*t" you seem to be the first and foremost in offering up proof. If only I lived near you, I'd love to have the opportunity to spend an afternoon just target shooting. Without a doubt, I'd walk away with not only knowledge and information but also probably a vast improvement in my shooting skills.

Last edited by Beezer; 08-06-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Holy crap, I think I am just gonna pick up a pack of Slick Tricks this year after taking in all this madness.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Howler
Old enough to hunt and kill an animal is old enough to be able to handle everything that has been said in this thread.
So laughing at and mocking a kid is allright with you?

Yeah! you would be a heck of a role model for young kids to follow.
Old 08-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Dominant Buck

While I'm observing....GMMATT, you continuously spew a battery of numbers and information that is almost overwhelming. While I'm sure that there are many here that "know their sh*t" you seem to be the first and foremost in offering up proof.
Spew? Feel free to offer up your own opinions....but judge mine on their merits, solely. If I'e given false information in this (or any other) thread that you have issues with.....let them be known.

I (as this thread signifies) base a lot of what I know on past ERRORS.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beezer
After reading through eleven pages of this thread, and yes I read every post, I've come to a few observations and have at least one question.

1) I think some, not all by any means, hunters who use or want to use Rages are more attracted to these blades because of the "look at this hole" factor.
2) Other users or future users seem to be attracted by the possibility of a bigger blood trail to track and thus better chance for finding their game.
3) This argument seems to be getting no where whatsoever.

The question I have is this....Why do those of you who don't use, and don't want use, Rages fight so hard to convince those who do want to use them not to? There's really only one right answer here, and I'm wondering how many know it.

While I'm observing....GMMATT, you continuously spew a battery of numbers and information that is almost overwhelming. While I'm sure that there are many here that "know their sh*t" you seem to be the first and foremost in offering up proof. If only I lived near you, I'd love to have the opportunity to spend an afternoon just target shooting. Without a doubt, I'd walk away with not only knowledge and information but also probably a vast improvement in my shooting skills.
Isnt this the argument for almost all bh's??? You want a big hole, with a good blood trail... Some people have had absolutely devastating results with the rage, good and bad, and the good is VERY attractive if you can cover your eyes to the possibility of bad... All bh's are like this.

GMMATTS info in this thread is pretty darn good and experienced if you ask me. Theres plenty of threads where i dont agree with him, but for the most part on this one he is right on! He has killed 10+ deer with the rage heads. The man knows them as good or better than most on here just by the fact that hes hit alot of critters with them

I believe his posts in this thread give his word even more merit b/c he is for the most part, not praising them. He killed quite a few deer with them, and loved them last year and the past i suppose, but now his feelings have changed. He isnt just a biased rage hater b/c in the past he was a big advocate for them

And annika... Wis bow hunter ISNT A KID!!!

Derek
Old 08-06-2009, 09:20 PM

ive' killed 5 with rages and they are also im trying the blood runers this year they sound good
Old 08-07-2009, 04:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by GMMAT
Spew? Feel free to offer up your own opinions....but judge mine on their merits, solely. If I'e given false information in this (or any other) thread that you have issues with.....let them be known.

I (as this thread signifies) base a lot of what I know on past ERRORS.
I'm not so sure he was knocking you down Jeff. Maybe praising you Instead.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's kinda funny, Annika never did answer Jeff's questions on why Rage doesn't do what he thinks they should do (education wise).
Old 08-07-2009, 06:44 AM
Dominant Buck

You may be right, Steve. I just don't typically associate "spew" with good info.....lol.

I don't blame this head for any of my woes in shooting it (and I had them, certainly). I only wish they'd do a little more to educate the avg end user. I think they've been negligent in that regard.

If someone can learn from my MISTAKES, I hope they only take my info. at face value.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Schultzy
It's kinda funny, Annika never did answer Jeff's questions on why Rage doesn't do what he thinks they should do (education wise).
When did he ask me this question? and what am I suppose to do about the question?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.