Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more.. >

For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..

Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For those who have hunted 10 yrs or more..

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: Germ

After 24 years I have no idea what I am doing My wife tells me the samething in bed[8D]
Gary don"t let it bother you, she tells me the same thing.
LOL!!!! Post of the day award.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is my 18th year deer hunting and I am into it more now than ever. I have learned a lot over the years and there is a lot I will still learn. Yes I would like to kill a 140" plus every year, but if I dont I will still be happy.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

The most fun I have had in the woods were those first years I hunted. I had zero expectations, I just wanted to see some deer. One day I hope to find that magic again
I found it this year. I went hunting with a lot of emotion. It was the first time ever huntingwithout Dad and it felt different.

I couldn't have cared less if I killed a "big" buck, hell it really didn't matter if I ever seen anything....[&:]. This time last year my dad was too sick to even go and would have done just about anything to just be able to sit in a stand let alone kill anything or anything"big" The time at the camp in the stand is what meant the most and I found it again this year......thank god.

I spent nearly 2.5 weeks through Oct and NOV with my brother hunting, talking, laughing, crying, and getting back what it really means to us to hunt.

He killed a doe, a spike andtwo 4 pointes and I killed a 2 does, a button buck, a spike and a 3 point..................We we able to take his 2 sons for a few days and they had a blast.....one got his first and the oldest killed his "best" to date......an odd racked 6 point.

We had more fun this year than I have had in a long time.......hunting......TOGETHER!..

Old 12-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

21st season for me and I love bowhunting more each year. The heart still thumps everytime I see a deer (any deer) in the woods. I think the more I learn about hunting the more fun it becomes. Paying attention to the details and using everything in the arsenal that I've gathered over the years is really rewarding whether I tag a big buck or not. It's more of a big chess game now instead of hoping for dumb luck. It's more hunting now rather than "going out to hunt".

The only thing I don't care for now compared to when I started are the way some things have changed. Gaining permission to hunt land is next to impossible. Gone are the days of knocking on a farmers door and him letting you hunt his land. Everything is locked up with clubs and leases. Hunting in general has become a big money game in every aspect. Seems like poachers and trespassers have tripled over the years too. But the hunting aspect of it in general is more enjoyable than it's ever been.