Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A question of ethics. >

A question of ethics.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A question of ethics.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A question of ethics.

I would get the deer....... It's legal in IA to retreive your animal w/o permission as long as you leave your bow/gun behind. I had some hippie guy last year try to stop me and say "thin the herd, harvest a hunter". Ilaughed whiledragging my brother in-laws 12 point right passed the peta f*g.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IA Buck Hunter

I would get the deer....... It's legal in IA to retreive your animal w/o permission as long as you leave your bow/gun behind. I had some hippie guy last year try to stop me and say "thin the herd, harvest a hunter". Ilaughed whiledragging my brother in-laws 12 point right passed the peta f*g.
I may have put that guy on the ground and rubbed a little mud in his face!!!! Hell, you had a witness that was with you when he "punched" you didn't you????

J/K'ing, no worries about me being a PETA abuser, I wouldn't dirty my hands on one of those filthy things!!!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Fork Horn

I'd go get it. We're pretty laid back in SD, I dont think anyone here would be too worried about it.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Dominant Buck

To be honest..I'd get my deer if the home wan't visable..

Why..in Florida time is very important to get that deer on ice..

if I saw the person's home or someone standing around..I'd take the gamble and ask if it was ok?..praying the whole time the owner will say yes.
Old 09-06-2008, 04:38 AM
Dominant Buck

letting the deer spoil is the worst offense in that scenerio.
I agree with this.....with the emphasis on THAT scenario.....
Old 09-06-2008, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the scenario listed exactly as stated, go get it, but leave your bow.

Not happening to me because I have this worked out prior to season with all the surrounding landowner.
Most are allowed - some are not for ANY reason based on their past histories.
Those not allowed go straight to court every time.

We have one 60 acre section bordered by 800 acres of state land where no one (but 2 long time friends) are allowed to enter for any reason -.
Again years of abuse by those claiming bloodtrails, finding slobs in our stands thinking it was ok "since no one was there" and 100 other excuses are the reason. Well marked line with phone numbers - call 1st and wait for us to see your legit or go to court.

ORIGINAL: drockw

Id be getting my deer. Harvest the animal, use its food. in order to do that you would have to "trespass". ifthe property ownerwanted to be a dick about it and say i couldnt have it or theywould presschargesthey better be packin heat or be able to kick my ass b/c we would be fighting. not tryin to sound like some uneducated hick, but why would anyone be that way. i know if someone shot a deer and it ran 3 miles and dropped dead in my backyard i would gladly allow the person with or without permission to at least retrieve the animal andassuming they arent stealing or trying to destroy my property/land.like i said, i dont want to sound like a punk or nothing, but would any of you object to letting someone retrieve the animal they killed on "their" property which fell on "your" property. maybe im missing something, but i wouldnt, unless i felt like they were up to no good, or in fact shot the animal on my property. different situations call for different actions i guess, and the same goes for my answer to i suppose.
drock - I hope I educated you as to some of the reasons why right to recover may be denied to some. Anyone denied when confronted who attempts entry anyway will have charges filed.If they counter with threats and attempts to kick ass and fight, they will simply be facing criminal charges insteadof a civil violation. Their decision.

With rare exceptions, it's not hard to do it the right way.
Keep it fun for everyone.

Steve

Old 09-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks to all who replied. I think I will call the game warden,if I need to. It sounds like everyone feels the same way about this. I will keep trying to reach the land owner. However; if a deer goes on the property ,I will make every effort to get the deer.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Steve, i would never go up huffing and puffing right off the batif someone denied me to getting my deer. clearly, if they had a good reason, i would call the game warden and see what they had to say before making an uproar or scene. i was expressing more of my feelings than actually what i would do physically b/c that is no way to handle a situation. i clearly understand your situation and would probably feel the exact same way as you do, but me, knowing im not a poaching, tresspassing pos would feel comfortable enough to go and discuss it with the landowner with the confidence that the issue would be settled fairly and easily. but, in the same sense, if someone just seems or acts uncalled for, different situations call for different reactions and i can assure you that if its hot outside, i would do everything i could to get the deer. it is my responsibility as a hunter to be ethical and takeresponsibility for what i have done.
anyways, i have never encountered this and i hope if or when i do, it will be a sensible situation where everyone goes home happy. jmo.
Derek

BTW, TFOX, i just now realized you are from hendo, me too. where do you shoot around here, and what is your name?