Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rubber boots

Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rubber boots

Rocky's when it's warm, but switch to a more insulated LaCrosse when it's sub-freezing.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

I’ve always been a rubber boot guy. Un-insulated when it’s hot. 800-1000 gram when it’s cold. Wearing proper socks has helped me keep my feet from sweating, but its not a cure all. I like X-scent socks. My lacrosse burly boots are very comfy. If the Muck boots are better, wow.

This year I’ve been debating on using normal hunting type boots. Washing them down with the green soap, spraying some additional scent prevention products inside them & keeping them well maintained from there on out just like my other boots. We’ll see how it goes.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the input guys, you know, i wondered about my feet sweating, ive always been a rocky boots goretex guy, i was afraid if i bought the rubber boots, #1 my feet would sweat #2 they would eat my socks all day, which would drive me freakin crazy...#3 would they rub and hurt my ankles, and feet, i guess ill go try the mucks and the lacrosse... thanks again...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:43 AM

I'm also in PA and I say get a pair of Mucks. Youcan get the knee high height and roll them down if they're too hot/high for you. I like this feature because I sweat when I walk to my stand. To control this I roll them down as far as I can while wearing a pair of ankle socks. Then if you're in your stand you can throw on another pair of socks quick if your feet get cold. They work well both in Archery and Rifle, but better for rifle. Above all else, they are super easy to take on/off. Plus they are extremely comfortable. A+ in my book.