Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Water holes?

Old 09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Water holes?

How many of you all hunt over water holes? Hunsuckers monster got me thinking. My season starts next sat and its going to be hot, maybe not as hot as other parts of the country, but its often in the 80s to start the season. Will setting up over any water work? I have streams that go through all the properties i hunt. I have never seen a deer stop to drink out of them though. I have seen them walk around and frollic in them, but never actually drink. Another property also has a small pond, but ive never noticed them drink out of them either. Do most of you who hunt water holes hunt smaller more secluded water holes such as big puddles and what not, or do you think i just have too much water around my area to successfully set up on one and see a good amount of activity?
Old 09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Water holes?

if it is hot and there is water they will be there
[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Water holes?

I do, the part of Texas that I hunt doesn't have much water. You find water early in the season and you have upped your odds...I found a live under ground spring on our place that I put a set up on for this year...I have high hopes for it...