Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rubber boots

Old 09-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default rubber boots

im going to try the rubber boots this year for archery, like a 600 gram.. what boots do you guys like? i would like an easy on and off boot... got any suggestions..
Old 09-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: rubber boots

Muck Woody Max boots are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I used to wear LaCross, but I like my Mucks much better.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

You live in Pa 1000 gram should work nicely for you .
I like lacrose
Old 09-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lacrosse here been using them for years, I just ordered a newpair for this year, the others were wore out after several years of use...
Old 09-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you buying them for scent control purposes, or their waterproof properties??? If you're buying them for scent control purposes, you really don't need to if you care for your boots right, if waterproof is the desire, I've never heard a bad thing about Muck or LaCrosse. I don't hunt anywhere that I need the waterproof side of things, and for scent control, my boots are kept in the box I got them in, an only on my feet in my hunting area. I wear X-scent socks which ARE GREAT for scent suppression of the feet, and drag my toes through every puddle of deer pee and deer turd I come by in the woods. I use a little fall blend cover scent inside and out, and have not had a problem in several years. Just my experience though, I'm sure others have varying opinions, sorta like which bow is best, or which BH flies best.....
Old 09-02-2008, 08:24 AM
Fork Horn

In PA, I think you'll need some sort of insulation. 600-800 would probably work. If you sit in a blind or on stand most of the day, boot covers or blankets can help extend the life of lower insulated boots considerably. They work very well if you drop a heat pack in each one in late Nov and Dec. I have sat 8 hours or so without feeling a twinge of cold this way and my feet almost always get cold when just wearing the highest insulated boots.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, my feet sweat so bad in rubber boots that no amount of insulation will keep them warm. Wearing rubber boots kind of defeats the purpose of staying dry in my case.
Old 09-02-2008, 08:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Muck Woody Max boots are the most comfortable boots I've ever worn. I used to wear LaCross, but I like my Mucks much better.
Ditto.

I used to have a problem with my feet sweating a little in my LaCrosse's.....but it's gone, now (for the most part) with the Muck's. Hard to explain.....but they're also warmer than ANY pair of LaCrosse's I own....and I have them to 1200grams (LaCrosse's).
Old 09-02-2008, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

LaCrosse and Rockys. I like them both!
Old 09-02-2008, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Not to mention that sweaty feet = stinky feet even in rubber boots. I think either style will work if you take the right precautions from a scent perspective. Spray those boots down with homemade scent killer and air them out after each hunt. Seal them up in a big zip lock bag afterward with a box of arm and hammer. Some may think this is overboard. But your feet are likely going to be leaving the most scent on the way to stand given they're the things touching the ground.

Quick Reply: rubber boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.