Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 broadhead that flies like a field tip? >

broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead that flies like a field tip?

Old 08-18-2008, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broadhead that flies like a field tip?

ORIGINAL: JESUS loves archers

fbh fixed broadhed,yes hitting in the white every arrow when I take my time and make a good shot
ORIGINAL: OHbowhntr

Oh boy it`s gettin deep
Well I sure hope my gaping wound of a bowtech old glory hitting dot`s from 70 is enough to do the trick, good luck to us all if it`s not.
It got deep back there when someone said, "I`m hitting a little 2 inch bullseye at 70 yards with the fbh now...."
The bold sounds to me like "I shoot perfect when I am shooting perfect". Is that 1 out of 4 arrows or 4 out of 4 arrows?
Old 08-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

I would say I`m happy with about 50% of my shots from bottom pin,you tend to shoot more carefully with bh`s on so you don`t break blades,in fact I take every arrow out that I shoot before shooting again.
ORIGINAL: NEW61375

fbh fixed broadhed,yes hitting in the white every arrow when I take my time and make a good shot

Oh boy it`s gettin deep
Well I sure hope my gaping wound of a bowtech old glory hitting dot`s from 70 is enough to do the trick, good luck to us all if it`s not.
It got deep back there when someone said, "I`m hitting a little 2 inch bullseye at 70 yards with the fbh now...."
The bold sounds to me like "I shoot perfect when I am shooting perfect". Is that 1 out of 4 arrows or 4 out of 4 arrows?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: NEW61375

Oh boy it`s gettin deep

LOL... x2

"I can hit a dime at 200 yds everytime I hit a dime at 200 yds."
Old 08-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It`s not hard when you practice from 100 on a regular basis to make a shot from 70,I go out in the back yard take 2 -12 foot step ladders and a plank,stand in the middle and shoot at a 24 inch block,I do shoot 3-d turney`s but have only won 1,so no I don`t make a living at it but I do practice.

Oh boy it`s gettin deep
So you're telling me you're as good as the best of the best, Dave Cousins ain't gonna hold a candle to that!!!! How much money do you make a year shooting your bow???? Do you know Chuck Adams???? I bet you see him at seminars all the time, he seems like a pretty nice guy. Like I said earlier, I believe someone forgot his WWJD.
NO, I'M NOT KIDDING!!! Then again, I'm not really sure that statement should have come from you either. A .019 pin WILL COVER more than 2" at 70yds, and you say you're hitting a 2" bullseye at 70yds with a FBH, I'm impressed, because I'm not sure the BEST archer I know is that good, and he makes good money as a PRO staff shooter for Mathews Archery. NONE of the guys that were at the HNI NE GTG are that good, so your head and shoulders above ALL of them, so I'm impressed, because there were some DAMN GOOD archers there, and I was definitely in the BOTTOM of that group of guys there and by no means claim to be a GOOD archer.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Typical Buck

I`ll try the super powers of my new phone this afternoon and have my girlfriend record a couple shots then put it on youtube,We`ll see if I can bring this back up later with a link.
I must say though I`m sure there are alot of archers here that shoot from at least 70.

[/quote]

NO, I'M NOT KIDDING!!! Then again, I'm not really sure that statement should have come from you either. A .019 pin WILL COVER more than 2" at 70yds, and you say you're hitting a 2" bullseye at 70yds with a FBH, I'm impressed, because I'm not sure the BEST archer I know is that good, and he makes good money as a PRO staff shooter for Mathews Archery. NONE of the guys that were at the HNI NE GTG are that good, so your head and shoulders above ALL of them, so I'm impressed, because there were some DAMN GOOD archers there, and I was definitely in the BOTTOM of that group of guys there and by no means claim to be a GOOD archer.
[/quote]
Old 08-18-2008, 12:59 PM

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? It`s not hard when you practice from 100 on a regular basis to make a shot from 70,I go out in the back yard take 2 -12 foot step ladders and a plank,stand in the middle and shoot at a 24 inch block,I do shoot 3-d turney`s but have only won 1,so no I don`t make a living at it but I do practice.
Why bother shooting at 100 yds regularly?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I`m not sure I understand the question but If you mean why do I shoot from 100 ,the answer is to shoot better at 90,if you want to shoot better at 40 than quit shooting from 40 and go back to 50 or 60.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:06 PM

I`m not sure I understand the question but If you mean why do I shoot from 100 ,the answer is to shoot better at 90,if you want to shoot better at 40 than quit shooting from 40 and go back to 50 or 60.
Again...WHY? Do you plan on attempting a shot on a deer at 100, 90, 80, 70, etc? If you do, kudos for havin the balls to do it, though I feel it is unethical JMHO. If you don't plan on taking a deer at that distance, why bother wasting the time to shoot that distance on aregualr basis?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

Ah I see
I don`t shoot 100 yards at deer,I shoot 100+ at 3-d targets
I would take a deer with my bottom pin if the situation was right that being 70 but I have a slider on my sights which I could adjust all the way to the danger zone were the fletch would hit the sight window
ORIGINAL: Austin/WI

Again...WHY? Do you plan on attempting a shot on a deer at 100, 90, 80, 70, etc? If you do, kudos for havin the balls to do it, though I feel it is unethical JMHO. If you don't plan on taking a deer at that distance, why bother wasting the time to shoot that distance on aregualr basis?